• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

On Ride Photos

QueenRita

TS Member
How much would 5 ride photos be? I am going to Alton on the 11th and am planning to get photos on Th13teen, Nemesis, Air, Oblivion and Rita :)

TEAM EDIT: This thread has now developed from the initial question and as such has been left out of Quick Questions. It is now for discussion on the park's ORPs...

Ride Photo Prices?

QueenRita said:
How much would 5 ride photos be? I am going to Alton on the 11th and am planning to get photos on Th13teen, Nemesis, Air, Oblivion and Rita :)
Hi there.

In answer to your question, these used to be sold for £20, for five photos, in a variety of products. Keyring, Photo and something else. With an annual pass discount these came out at £16 for five photos. Massive savings.

However I do believe this year they've reduced the amount in a photopass to four. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Also it has been stipulated that AP discount no longer exists too.

We do have a Quick Questions topic for these queries in the General forum. Mods, feel free to move this answer with the above question.

Re: Ride Photo Prices?

Hi there, welcome to the forums =)

The photo prices are £20 for 4 photos I think when you use a photo pass. By themselves I assume they're £8 each like they are at Chessington and Thorpe Park

=)

The photo situation has changed this year, I feel quite badly actually.

The digital downloads are now £2 from free I believe, the photos in the pass book being reduced rings bells, you cannot use your MAP for any "2 for such and such" offers at all, only on single items.

Not sure if you can use your MAP against the photo book but I would bet against it.

I'd far rather see them drop the prices. But I'm not sure they'd agree that 100 people buying £5 photos for example is better than 60 people buying £8 photos. One day I'd love to see them offer a social networking tie in as well, seeing as Twitter and Facebook are so prevalent!

Not sure this is the best topic for this, but was browsing online and saw that someone has developed "360 degree" onride cameras. They were tested on Colossus, The Swarm, Rita and RMT. As far as Im aware, they take a series of photos at a certain point of the ride and then stitch it together to create a 360 photo, with you as the main focal point of the photo.

Im not sure if this is something the park is looking into or if this is just some guy testing out some tech on the rides. Either way, it seems like Merlin have let this guy test out this fairly impressive tech on their rides.

http://www.lewiswhyld.com/360-roller-coasters/

Thanks guys. I hope Alton starts doing 360 degree ride photos, they look really good!

BigDave said:
Im not sure if this is something the park is looking into or if this is just some guy testing out some tech on the rides. Either way, it seems like Merlin have let this guy test out this fairly impressive tech on their rides.

Great idea, and as with all topics the answer has been given and it's developed, excuse the pun, into something a bit wider.

I don't think Queen Rita will be too fussed if we develop (GROAN: again) the topic a little further?

I just wanted to add that I wonder if this has anything to do with the copious amount of "cameras" being installed on The Smiler?

Anyway great find and I apologise to Queen Rita for distracting the main topic a bit further!

No need to apologise ;D. I'm hoping that the 360 degree photos could be the reason for the number of cameras on The Smiler but I have a feeling they are there because of the theme.

Just in case people haven't noticed, this topic has moved on from the original question and thus can remain here as a general ORP topic :)

Just out of interest, how many, if any ride photos does anyone have here? I have a couple mainly 13 ones. Think we got the £20 deal for them. I love photographs as physical memories, the only thing that puts me off them is the MasterCard logo and the price.

BigDave said:
Not sure this is the best topic for this, but was browsing online and saw that someone has developed "360 degree" onride cameras. They were tested on Colossus, The Swarm, Rita and RMT. As far as Im aware, they take a series of photos at a certain point of the ride and then stitch it together to create a 360 photo, with you as the main focal point of the photo.

Those are really great quality pictures, and the stitching looks flawless. I'm very impressed. I'd hope that this could somehow be implemented on rides as an option aside the ORP.

BigDave said:

Love! <3