• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Parc Astérix - Oz'Iris Inverted B&M

mark9 said:
CoasterCrazyChris said:
Wow.

Oh to get a Merlin ride with a queueline like that. [/never]

Whats with the constant "Merlin never do that" which goes on on this forum. There are very few parks that go to that much effort with their B&M inverters as it is..

Well name one Merlin ride with any thought to the queue experience?

Whilst there is a point, it's not just Merlin who don't put a lot of effort into their queues... Indeed, Merlin at least are bringing back ride interaction to their queues and haven't made anything worse than Rita's (yet)...

CoasterCrazyChris said:
mark9 said:
CoasterCrazyChris said:
Wow.

Whats with the constant "Merlin never do that" which goes on on this forum. There are very few parks that go to that much effort with their B&M inverters as it is..

That isn't actually my point but anyway, Battle Galleons, Nemesis Sub Terra and The Swarm all make attempts at entertaining in the queuelines.

This is a fantastic ride and beautifully themed.

I have a video of myself and my camera suffering a bit of splashback from the big pond when the cars come out the underwater dive. I'll see if I can upload it later.

As inverted B&Ms go though....I still prefer Nemesis. But you do get a sense with this one of just how high up you are!

Oz'Iris is easily my favourite B&M Invert I've been on :D It beats Black Mamba and Nemesis for me. Such a fluid and unique ride, and the theming and level of detail is just stunning (Though on a theming only level I think I prefer Mamba)! It's my 2nd favourite coaster out there!

I can't wait to see it in another couple of years when all the plants have grown some more. It'll look stunning. I just hope Asterix keep on top of it :)

Ian said:
Oz'Iris is easily my favourite B&M Invert I've been on :D It beats Black Mamba and Nemesis for me. Such a fluid and unique ride, and the theming and level of detail is just stunning (Though on a theming only level I think I prefer Mamba)! It's my 2nd favourite coaster out there!

It didn't beat Nemesis for me when i rode it and it was running at full speed then, they have now slowed it down so it's unlikely going to beat the old girl for me any time soon.

Fantastic station though and a freakish pop of airtime.

CoasterCrazyChris said:
mark9 said:
CoasterCrazyChris said:
Wow.

I was going to state the obvious then, but in fairness realised it isn't a Merlin ride lol.

I tried to defend Merlin then!

Dave said:
Ian said:

It didn't beat Nemesis for me when i rode it and it was running at full speed then, they have now slowed it down so it's unlikely going to beat the old girl for me any time soon.

Fantastic station though and a freakish pop of airtime.

The ride itself isn't has intense as Nemesis, that's for sure. I can't really chose between them, as they are both great and amazing. The theming in Parc astérix is clearly perfect, especially when you understand all the jokes in the queuline (I love how they refer to the Tower of terror! lol), but nemesis has a better layout.

they changed the wheels. It was apparently too fast, even with the trims.