• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Park Hours: Updates and Discussion

Also the fact that technical services at Chessington took action as a union shows that the employees do want to put pressure to improve their conditions instead of just quitting to work elsewhere. If they do improve pay and conditions it should be possible to recruit and retain staff.

Awaiting Oktoberfest hours update.

They've not altered them since they updated the website last winter.

Are you expecting reductions?
Oktoberfest has been 7pm rides and 8pm entertainment on Saturday nights since 2021.

This means entertainment was running as it went dark. The atmosphere was amazing.

As it stands, entertainment will end in the daylight unless entertainment runs 2 hours after rides but that seems unlikely.

If Oktoberfest weekends are 6pm rather than 7pm then that will be a real pity. Events should be growing year on year, not regressing! Those Oktoberfest evenings are special.

As I said a week or so ago, I honestly think the current advertised hours may be what we end up with. If so, a real shame.

13 has yet to open, neither has Flávio’s and it doesn’t look like they plan to open Flavio’s anytime soon - there’s no one there.

Spinball and sub-terra have been down for the last hour, wickerman has been up and down, which certainly isn’t helping things. Overall I don’t think it’s quite as busy as it was yesterday but ride availability isn’t great.

Hasn't Scarefest had its first night on a Friday in the past? I'm sure I can remember going on the first night on a Friday in previous years? I could be mis-remembering of course.

Last year was definitely Friday. However I don’t remember the park being massively busy. Previously they have done the same as this year with a sat/sun and then a gap of a week.

Yes I did say at the start of the season that the first Friday of Scarefest had been cut after being around for a good few seasons.

Was handy as often quieter yet also dumby runs for when it got busier the week later and for more lighting packages to be added to the rides too

The last remaining 4pm closes of the season that were scheduled for next week have been extended to 5pm.

This season has seen a lot less dates ending up being a 4pm close - let’s hope they are finally consigned to history in the coming years.

The last remaining 4pm closes of the season that were scheduled for next week have been extended to 5pm.

This season has seen a lot less dates ending up being a 4pm close - let’s hope they are finally consigned to history in the coming years.
To be fair it is still half term this coming week in some areas, so probably will be busier then the usual post scarefest week.