• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Park Hours: Updates and Discussion

Like @rob666 said, INSET days are common at the beginning of the week. I don’t think you can really bank on everyone being back until Thursday or Friday; I know that the secondary school I went to isn’t fully back until Thursday, for example.

This is precisely why I chose to go to Drayton Manor on Thursday 5th rather than Monday 2nd!

Derbyshire schools don't go back until the end of the next week, with many secondary school students starting Friday 6th and many not actually starting until Monday 9th at some Derbyshire schools. Staffordshire most students back midweek after Monday and Tuesday as inset days.

Derbyshire schools don't go back until the end of the next week, with many secondary school students starting Friday 6th and many not actually starting until Monday 9th at some Derbyshire schools. Staffordshire most students back midweek after Monday and Tuesday as inset days.
And Academies, which most schools are now, can decide whenever to call their holidays and don't have to pay attention to LEA dates, meaning the whole thing is guesswork and doesn't carry much weight anymore!

And Academies, which most schools are now, can decide whenever to call their holidays and don't have to pay attention to LEA dates, meaning the whole thing is guesswork and doesn't carry much weight anymore!
Apart from the fact that the vast, vast majority go along with LA dates. Otherwise it becomes a total nightmare for parents with children at different schools.

I know a number of parents in exactly that situation though!
Just had a nice lunch with one pair...tuesday and friday.
There are so many cheap pass holders now it is rainy days that are the only proper quiet days.
And please note, the park will be quite full of new sixth form and fresher bloody "icebreaker days" over the next month.
Lord help us.

If you want it to be really quiet in the park then go in the 3rd or 4th week of September during the week, last year I did that and it was a walk on every single ride.
Agreed. And also the small period between scarefest and fireworks. These days it’s only these two periods that can be classed as properly quiet.

The truly properly dead days are pretty much a thing of the past though due to the increase in annual pass sales.

So supposedly towers have cut hours for March 2025, closed many midweek days

Yikes...

Attachments

• 1000012609.jpg
    1000012609.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
For clarity, it seems as though this is only for those first few weeks, as I can’t seem to see any midweek closures in any other month of 2025 from looking through the website.
ah ok thought they weren't released

still what is going on, staff need to work more than 3 days a week

The only other closures until the end of the 2025 season after march will be the 3rd, 4th and 5th of November before the fireworks. (Judging by the day pass booking on the website subject to change I guess).

This is quite worrying because it indicates that towers aren’t making enough money during weekdays to justify operating for the day. I’m going to assume that numbers have been lower than they wanted this season

This is quite worrying because it indicates that towers aren’t making enough money during weekdays to justify operating for the day. I’m going to assume that numbers have been lower than they wanted this season
Don't think its worrying, its pretty expected really, as above Easter is a lot later this year the park will be quieter until the weather picks up and the school holidays come round.