• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Park Hours: Updates and Discussion

I love how some of you just sit on that page pressing refresh. I knew these hours were coming, and were waiting for confirmation on the website before posting on TS - but kudos. You guys are even quicker.
What about the last week of Oktoberfest do you know if that’s just not been updated? I’m visiting 30th and it says 10-4

What about the last week of Oktoberfest do you know if that’s just not been updated? I’m visiting 30th and it says 10-4

Currently those hours are scheduled, as the park is forecast to be very quiet. Also, they have pushed the weekend after to 7pm/6pm. However, knowing Alton - watch this space.

Currently those hours are scheduled, as the park is forecast to be very quiet. Also, they have pushed the weekend after to 7pm/6pm. However, knowing Alton - watch this space.
Ah I’d have thought the whole event should’ve been changed and not singled out just 1 week to keep at 4

Ha yeah. We at Oktoberfest for the last week of it and it's 4pm closes all week, despite low availability on all the hotel accommodations. Hope they extend it

The last week of the school summer holidays is typically extremely busy. For them only to be extending to 6:30 when last year the park closed at 7pm for the entire summer is pretty insufficient really. I’ve never been a fan of on-the-day extensions anyway, since most guests don’t know about them or plan for them with lifts, time of getting home etc.

It seems a bit unfair that both other Fridays at 10-7 and we’re stuck with a 10-4. It seems an odd move but
Play Alton Towers opening hours roulette today! If enough of you place bets by pre-booking, we'll decide whether you'll get a full day at the park or not after your payment has cleared. Will it be 4, will it be 5, or will you strike the jackpot of 6pm!

Please gamble responsibly. For the facts (other than what our actual opening hours will be) visit gambleaware.org.uk

Next Monday and Thursday 10-5 and next Friday now 10-7! Visiting next Friday, relieved it’s no longer a 10-4!
I'm pleased for you mate that they've finally given you a good hours. Sounds like 10-7 is a very decent day out indeed. Just such a crap situation that they took your money before telling you what you were actually buying!

I'm pleased for you mate that they've finally given you a good hours. Sounds like 10-7 is a very decent day out indeed. Just such a crap situation that they took your money before telling you what you were actually buying!
Yeah I kinda just had to make a guess that it might be a 7pm close when booking. Had abysmal operating hours on my previous two visits this year for Festival of Thrills and Mardi Gras, so it will be nice to get rides at a leisurely pace. We will probably watch shows when we are around Spinball/Mutiny Bay, and then continue with riding.

Oktoberfest hours need a rebalance.

Friday till 7pm is stupid - the park isn't busy enough.

Oktoberfest 2023 should be

Mon - Thu 5pm
Fri / Sun 6pm
Sat 8pm

Ents +1h

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk