• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

UK politics general discussion

This is what the Tories do after a while. Lather themselves in sleaze while they war with one another over what conservatism actually is. To hell with the voters.

I just hope Starmer has the stones to implement PR so we never get to this phase again.

Last edited:
So Dorries quit because Sunak got her removed her from the list in order to avoid a byelection. Worth reminding ourselves that in Feb she was tearing up at the thought of no longer being an MP after the next election.

Petty all round, I hope they're delivered a thumping defeat.

Good riddance to an incompetent thug.

Sassy Good Bye GIF

Is the world finally coming to it's senses? The 2 main news headlines tonight are about 2 blonde haired prats throwing their toys out the pram over being fingered about their own corrupt behaviour. Bloody brilliant!

Bye Bye Boris.
The vast majority of the population think "liar" before anything else when his name is mentioned...source BBC World Service.
Liar, Liar, pants on fire...
And no "Save Big Dog" this time.
Racist, sexist Eton bully boy of the lowest order.

Difficult to criticise the other retiree, you can't be too harsh on those with obvious mental health issues.
Community care works folks.

Former First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has been arrested in connection with the ongoing investigation into the funding and finances of the SNP.

Police confirmed a 52-year-old woman was taken into custody as a suspect and is being questioned by detectives.

🍿

Former First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has been arrested in connection with the ongoing investigation into the funding and finances of the SNP.

Police confirmed a 52-year-old woman was taken into custody as a suspect and is being questioned by detectives.

🍿

I’m no fan of the SNP but at least the Scottish politicians don’t carp about things being unfair or “kangaroo courts” unlike the right wing brexit crazies like Johnson.

I knew when Boris Johnson resigned that the Privileges Committee report was going to be good... the report released today has found that he deliberately misled the House of Commons, committing a serious act of contempt.

"He misled the House on an issue of the greatest importance to the House and to the public, and did so repeatedly," the report says.

Had he still been an MP then he would've faced a significant suspension of 90 days. This is above the threshold to have resulted in a recall petition and so in all likelihood, a by-election would have occurred.

Good flipping riddance.

That's the sanitised version of what I'd like to say.

If you want to hear my true thoughts, then I can point you in this direction towards the Tavern.

Last edited: