• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

UK politics general discussion

From the couple of things I've looked at, I believe the site is somewhat discounting the general massive swing to Labour in the polls. For example it is suggesting many Green tactical votes in seats where I think the Greens could be swept aside by a general Labour surge. We shall see!

The voting system is hideous, but overall it is the easiest, cheapest and most decisive method of voting so I have learned to pinch my nose and bear it....but anyone mention the word 'mandate' and I can still be triggered...
Cheaper how? The only reason I can think is that counting takes longer, but there's no reason another voting system couldn't be done with the same ballots (just different instructions), same boxes, same counters etc etc

Cheaper how? The only reason I can think is that counting takes longer, but there's no reason another voting system couldn't be done with the same ballots (just different instructions), same boxes, same counters etc etc

The time taken to count the votes under other systems can be very significant, which equates to more money I’m assuming.

I am dreading the next 2 days.

Just picked my ballot box up ready for tomorrow. I am guessing the new ID requirement will cause chaos and its one more thing to keep a tally of when people turn up without ID or what they think is ID but isn't.

It will be easier once I get to the counting but going to be shattered by the end of Friday.

Out of interest, does a provisional driving licence count as valid voter ID? Or will I have to fetch something like my passport?

I am dreading the next 2 days.

Just picked my ballot box up ready for tomorrow. I am guessing the new ID requirement will cause chaos and its one more thing to keep a tally of when people turn up without ID or what they think is ID but isn't.

It will be easier once I get to the counting but going to be shattered by the end of Friday.
God speed. Sorry to get all American but I appreciate the efforts of everyone involved in polling day.

That a young person's railcard isn't considered ID is disgusting.

Shows the real plan behind this. Especially given the numbers of actual voting fraud.
Most voter fraud was postal votes of the deceased being submitted illegally, but statistically the majority of postal votes favour conservatives. Unsurprisingly the postal vote system remains unchanged

That a young person's railcard isn't considered ID is disgusting.

Shows the real plan behind this. Especially given the numbers of actual voting fraud.

But a proof of age card is accepted, and most young people carry a proof of age card (at least those that want to purchase alcohol !!)

Their only hope is to bring back Mr Johnson and his populist tripe to bring yet another first-past the post victory out of the bag. Fortunately they are too inept to realise this/act.

Bringing back the former PM who is still under investigation would be suicidal. Especially as the current PM was part of the throwing him under the bus mob in the first place.

Their only hope is to bring back Mr Johnson and his populist tripe to bring yet another first-past the post victory out of the bag. Fortunately they are too inept to realise this/act.
You been nicking my special medication again haven't you.

The Tories' ratings have got even worse since Johnson left?

You don't need many people to vote for you to win under our system. He would gain the Tories many extra votes than the current baseline, no doubt about it.

Well polling day went better than I expected.

Nobody turned up without id. And only two turned up that I had to turn away because they weren't on the voting register.

I had just over 700 on the register (that weren't down as postal voters) at my station. Only 75 came to vote !!

Counting was relatively uneventful. As usual the labour candidates and supporters were the most roudy. The victory speech by one of the councilors was basically a full on rant and came across as quite obnoxious.

So we have some new councilors to sort out laptops, iPhones and iPads for. Which they will no doubt mainly use to play angry birds !!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Attendance was dreadful in most places, round here it was 28%. There was also a lack of candidates as most wards only had two parties standing (usually Labour and Lib Dem), in one ward only Labour stood so the election was cancelled there.

Braverman also has direct links with Rwanda government through a charity she created.

Bit naughtier than trying to get out of her speed awareness course.

Scandal after scandal again, almost like Boris is back in charge.