• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

Obviously a smaller scale RMC would be great and nobody is going to be upset if that's what they build.
However, I think a woodie like Invadr at Busch Gardens Williamsburg would be a great fit for this new area too. It has the right thrill level for the park demographic and even has the right theme too in this case.

Whatever they build in sure it will be fantastic though. Hopefully they put in a major supporting ride too like they did with Cyclonator in Tornado Springs.

Really looking forward to visiting again in 2026. This park deserves all the success in the world because they really try hard to deliver a fantastic product.

Following the 90s version of Chessie where it did feel that you grew up with the park is the way to go.

Cyclonator seemed popular on my visit with the target audience for it. Which hopefully means even just a one "thrill" attraction per new area going forwards.

Obviously a smaller scale RMC would be great and nobody is going to be upset if that's what they build.
However, I think a woodie like Invadr at Busch Gardens Williamsburg would be a great fit for this new area too. It has the right thrill level for the park demographic and even has the right theme too in this case.

Whatever they build in sure it will be fantastic though. Hopefully they put in a major supporting ride too like they did with Cyclonator in Tornado Springs.

Really looking forward to visiting again in 2026. This park deserves all the success in the world because they really try hard to deliver a fantastic product.
I hate to burst a bubble but the chances of an RMC are so low, but it will be exciting and brilliant none the less!

Construction fences have started to go up at Paultons:

20240821_082213.jpg
Credit: Paulton's Hoot

Also wind that along with Raging River, the Go Karts and Dragon Roundabout are also leaving.
This is the big picnic area next to wave swinger, right? Do we think that they are going to incorporate the Cobra area as well, as this would make one huge area. I would of thought the area with the rapids all the way across to the go-karts would be big enough without including Cobra and edge. Unless something huge is being added

Successful in what sense? I've never seen Cyclonator have a queue, it's always walk on. Now that's anecdotal and Paultons is renowned for short queues so perhaps you can't read too much into it but it's ranked fairly lowly on the average queue time list. I'm not sure how else you can judge it beyond popularity?
It generally has no queue to the swift operations from the staff team and it's capacity, but it is also the most broken ride

Based on a recent visit, I think a family thrill Viking themed wooden coaster would be an excellent fit. Hopefully followed by an indoor boat flume ride with a couple of drops. Similar to POTC but Viking themed. Chuck in a family flat ride (enterprise?) and they’d have a great area

Won't be sad to see Dragon Roundabout go, think that is the closest I have come to puking on a ride when that thing started going backwards :) .
I'd say it is possible they're upgrading rides so fairground models are replaced with park models, an example being that Dragon Roundabout would be replaced with a Mack Seastorm, the Tea Cups being replaced by a Mack Teacup or Twist N Splash as the current model is an aging Modern Products one or the Pirate Ship being replaced or complemented with a larger Huss, Intamin or Zamperla model.

I hate to burst a bubble but the chances of an RMC are so low, but it will be exciting and brilliant none the less!

The marketing promo video very much made it seem like a fusion of wood and steel. That doesn't mean it's definitely going to be an RMC of course but I'd say that gives it slightly more chance than 'so low'.

There's absolutely no reason why they couldn't build one either. It wouldn't be a huge one like Zadra. Some of the smaller models would be a good fit for Paultons.