• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

Personally, if Cyclonator goes well, I’d love to see them try their hand at something more aimed at thrill seekers coaster-wise; they’ve said that they might add some more thrilling rides in the future if Cyclonator is a success, and Paultons seems like the type of park where something like an RMC Raptor or Vekoma Bermuda Blitz would fit really well!

However, I think a dark ride or water ride would also be logical additions.

Sorry for double posting, but we now have POVs of all the rides in Tornado Springs!

Storm Chaser:

Cyclonator:

Windmill Towers:

Al’s Auto Academy:

Trekking Tractors:

Shouldn't the auto academy have you driving on the right hand side what with it being an American town.

The whole area looks great though, fantastic expansion for a wonderful park.

As if they had someone walking round the auto academy to film a POV. Brilliant.

I really hope this area pays off for them. There's a lot of details that seem to have been painstakingly thought about.

I give up. How did they film that of the Cyclonator?

This all looks perfect.

Last edited:
I think they’ve used a follow drone? I think that’s the receiver mounted on the bottom of the OTSR of the seat it’s trained on.

I think it’s been used on the coaster too, hence why there’s no spinning and it seems to generally face forward?

I give up. How did they find that of the Cyclonator?

This all looks perfect.
It looks like it could be drone footage to me, but I’m not 100% sure. Does seem odd that they wouldn’t mount a GoPro onto a test dummy or something, although I’m not complaining, as drone footage is always cool!

It looks like it could be drone footage to me, but I’m not 100% sure. Does seem odd that they wouldn’t mount a GoPro onto a test dummy or something, although I’m not complaining, as drone footage is always cool!

No, its mounted, you can see it in the shadow. But why can't you see the mounting in the footage?

I think they’ve used a follow drone? I think that’s the receiver mounted on the bottom of the OTSR of the seat it’s trained on.

I think it’s been used on the coaster too, hence why there’s no spinning and it seems to generally face forward?

Ah, would that creat the stick type shadow in the footage? It's a bloody good effect, however they've done it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good spot on the shadow. Guessing it’s been edited out then using some AI-based software. If you closely watch the silver belt buckle on Cyclonator you can see it flickers and moves around a little sometimes.

They look to have been filmed with a mounted 360 camera on an “invisible stick” - a selfie stick made for 360 cameras that comes with software to ‘remove’ itself from the footage by masking it using content from the scene.

Quick question are paultons offering 2 day park tickets?.
I have 2 adults and one 3 year old.

No. I want one to!

The only 2 day tickets are part of breaks with hotel room. Paultons seen to struggle more than most with covid capacity restrictions and spent much of last season at capacity so i guess there's nothing in it for them to offer a discounted second day without having the hotel commission built in.

Quick question are paultons offering 2 day park tickets?.
I have 2 adults and one 3 year old.
I asked this before a couple of pages back. The only way you can have a 2nd day at the park is by staying at a neighbouring hotel otherwise you got to book 2 separate days at the park.
Also if your 3 year old is under 1m tall they are free.

The park obviously just do not see themselves a multi-day attraction. Neither do I, but it is odd if there are folks wanting them. Unless you guys are literally the only folks wanting them!

I look forward to visiting later in the year when hotels are back open.

The park obviously just do not see themselves a multi-day attraction. Neither do I, but it is odd if there are folks wanting them. Unless you guys are literally the only folks wanting them!
I look forward to visiting later in the year when hotels are back open.
I guess local guests and maybe people who visit within a hours drive away own a annual pass and everyone else just visit for 1 day or 2 with a overnight stay.