• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

I requested a Dark Ride in the survey they sent out last year and will continue to do so till they acquiesce.

I wonder what the licensing arrangement is with Peppa Pig? Wouldn't be my first choice personally but a proper Dark Ride on that theme would surely be a big draw. Although i suppose it's already a big attraction for them so might not seem distinctive from a marketing perspective.

Paultons are missing a dark ride and could have some more intense rides. I personally think this flume is a great investment as it’s something else for the little ones with the more thrilling rides in the area already.

Also we need to remember how far Paultons have come because 10 years ago they didn’t have lost kingdom, tornado springs, critter creek and the ppw expansion, along with the new animal enclosures and new gardens they have also added in this time.

A dark ride and more theming on existing rides will come but what they have already produced is just outstanding in a short period !!

Is Chessingtons one concrete troughs? I thought they used plastic.

Anyone know what the difference is... I bet the concrete is £££!!!

The River Rafts at Chessington use metal troughs as far as I can tell, not concrete.

The reference I made to that attraction was regarding the scale of the ride, as opposed to its construction method.

Oh yes, I agree on scale. Just wondering why they'd choose different construction methods... that's all.

I assume they are from different manufacturers and yes money will come into it.

Tbf if the Chessington one was built with concrete channels in its original home at Weymouth Sealife it probably wouldn’t have been relocated due to the additional costs of rebuilding the concrete channels.

Last year and this year are comparatively quiet years. Not every year can be a huge investment, but small steps on the way to where they want to be.

Would expect things to ramp up in '25 and '26. They've got an empty cinema building sat there crying out for something, and the cobra/edge area has been surveyed. That'll be the next couple of years I'd think.