• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

*whispers quietly* I don't think any of us are the target market for this ride :)

But yes, disappointingly short layout. I dont think this is the log flume replacement.. more likely the Seal Falls upgrade.

No but i tend to get most excited about the rides my son will enjoy and he won't be interested in this. Just seems an odd choice considering what they have currently but i suppose it's part of a long term plan (and in a limited space).

*whispers quietly* I don't think any of us are the target market for this ride :)

But yes, disappointingly short layout. I dont think this is the log flume replacement.. more likely the Seal Falls upgrade.

I always assumed that this was just the Seal Falls replacement for little kids but that when the park do their next themed area is when we’ll see the proper replacement for the log flume that will be much more interesting. The question is though, will it be a flume, a rapids, or could it even be a water coaster/Power Splash?

Last edited:
I’m glad this log flume is bigger than Drayton’s as that area of the park is aimed for families whose kids are between 1.0m and 1.2m tall.
I can also see them removing there current log flume, Seal ride and JCB tracked ride for the next major investment to the park.
5C3EAD8F-9842-4AB0-A04E-022BB4A2C1E1.png

I’m glad this log flume is bigger than Drayton’s as that area of the park is aimed for families whose kids are between 1.0m and 1.2m tall.
I can also see them removing there current log flume, Seal ride and JCB tracked ride for the next major investment to the park.
5C3EAD8F-9842-4AB0-A04E-022BB4A2C1E1.png
I know it's only a travelling log flume you can find anywhere, but I'll be gutted to see it go. Been riding it regularly since I was a kid - so about 24 years now.

But I suspect your right. I wonder if Cobra/Edge/GoKarts will form part of a whole new land incorporating the log flume/seals/digger area ...

Here is a good overview now that the ride has been installed:

You would expect that this may pave the way for the removal of the existing flume in the near future. I too remember riding that as a kid, it's been there such a long time!

I think the park will need a bigger water ride of they are looking to get ride of the log flume. A Mack Power splash would really fit the part quite well and would be unique to Poultons in the UK.

I wonder if we will hear more on the potential new area towards the end of the year. We already know they have something planned with the change of use applications.

Looks like £43.50 entry booked online for Paultons this season.

Certainly top end pricing but I guess the product is largely consistent.

Top end as a headline price, but with no parking charge and no fastrack (or queues to skip) I'd say it's a very fair price.

The only pricing I don't like at Paultons is the on ride photos, so expensive. I'm sure if one of the themeparks did a digital only pic for a quid from a self service machine they'd sell a tonne of them and make far more money from them than they so now with practiaclly no overheads after its set up.

I'm sure if one of the themeparks did a digital only pic for a quid from a self service machine they'd sell a tonne of them and make far more money from them than they so now with practiaclly no overheads after its set up.
£1 would be way too low. Take 20% off for VAT, and you're left with 80p. iMagic will take a substantial cut of that, let's say 70% (following the Apple model), leaving the theme park with 24p per photo. This is without taking card processing fees into account. If you're doing it as an In App Purchase, then Apple and Google will take 30% too. In this scenario Apple would have 24p, iMagic 39p and the theme park with 17p per photo.

The overheads after the set up, without In App Purchases, would be in the card processing (roughly 0.6% for debit cards 0.9 % for credit cards), digital storage and delivery and a staff member to operate a card terminal. We're going to be talking pennies per photo, and one would presume that iMagic are going to be taking on all of the costs (apart from card processing), but it eats into already right margins at £1 per photo. People assume that digital delivery is free, or cheaper than doing something in analogue, but that's because for the past 20 years we've been living in a bit of a false economy where companies take an initial hit to try and push new technology.

Volume would normally be the usual answer, but there does come a point where the margins are so small it's pointless, or volume is actually going to be more of a problem moving forward.

A charge of about £5 per photo, for digital, would seem about right, but the park still wouldn't be seeing much from that either; 85p per photo, but volume here would make it worthwhile.

Top end as a headline price, but with no parking charge and no fastrack (or queues to skip) I'd say it's a very fair price.

The only pricing I don't like at Paultons is the on ride photos, so expensive. I'm sure if one of the themeparks did a digital only pic for a quid from a self service machine they'd sell a tonne of them and make far more money from them than they so now with practiaclly no overheads after its set up.

Toverland did such a system on my 2015 visit. Self service screens outside the ride, put your email in and pay. Worked well. I bought an ORP as I have little use for a physical one, but a digital one is good.

Toverland did such a system on my 2015 visit. Self service screens outside the ride, put your email in and pay. Worked well. I bought an ORP as I have little use for a physical one, but a digital one is good.

They were doing a variation of it in Busch Gardens about 15 years ago!

I appreciate the numbers might not add up and I have no idea what cut involved parties take, but I'd have thought at a quid they could comfortably sell thousands a day and overall make more with the volume.