• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

Not necessarily. BTM at Paris would be fairly dull if all the theming was stripped off. But with all that epic theming, the coaster is an awesome experience.

Have to disagree with you there I'm afraid. BTM may be pretty, but it's one of the dullest soasters ever built. A glitter-sprinkled turd still stinks.

A couple more pictures from the blog:

IMG_33081.jpg

IMG_33584.jpg

IMG_32874.jpg

IMG_28364.jpg

Source

The budget for this must be £20m+.

The cost of fake rocks of this type is extraordinarily high.

It does beggar belief where PL get their money from. And why they invest so heavily in theming. It doesn't neasissarily prove that better themes rides get a better return either. The numbers are not particularly great after new attractions. It's great to see though. Looks amazing. Could this be the first FULLY THEMED (thrill) coaster. Even OZI and BM have unthemed sections.

It does beggar belief where PL get their money from. And why they invest so heavily in theming. It doesn't neasissarily prove that better themes rides get a better return either. The numbers are not particularly great after new attractions. It's great to see though. Looks amazing. Could this be the first FULLY THEMED (thrill) coaster. Even OZI and BM have unthemed sections.

I think most people would say that Mamba is themed from start to finish. Oz'Iris, presuming is your other mention - is nowhere near of that scale.

They're digging another hole!
DSC00396.thumb.JPG.68bbb22d108904a267a53de96a3a57c0.JPG

See how deep the digger is in the hole
DSC00390.thumb.JPG.4c89e0f46d19d617e281660b77e8039e.JPG

Looks like they're themeing the support bases too
DSC00362.thumb.JPG.b27122aac59a1dfacf201547e0c3ee2c.JPG

Looks like the trims will hopefully be adjustable (to off, preferably)
DSC_0234.thumb.jpg.f255ab0eb83f9b40f9b7f5eaa175f66a.jpg

Bit of overbanking
DSC01663.thumb.jpg.d48df7e24e4406415b5bffc70f7b59b9.jpg

I do like a bit of side-to-side action
DSC01852.thumb.jpg.30ac76f3ba415ae2ac241511d27b5f2d.jpg

One of the mysterious rectangular footers that has sparked discussion about a second, smaller coaster being installed. Intamin uses the round footers already seen, and rectangles with only 4/5 bolts. However, Vekoma use this style on their family coaster. Apparently.
DSC00218.thumb.JPG.3774f4b7ecf6c875b1aa3cfda362f448.JPG

Finally, some station theme work
DSC00342_MARK.thumb.jpg.13fdf4ae46da2d41f241027e6854c2c1.jpg

I can't wait. Even if the ride is pants, it's going to look beautiful.

All images from Phantafriends.de, not necessarily in the order I've posted them.

This really looks like it will fit in with RiverQuest nicely.

Is this ride having the rumoured freefall drop drack do we know?

As long as the trims don't ruin things, this is going to one the best rides in Europe by the looks (it could well give Helix a run for its money).

This really looks like it will fit in with RiverQuest nicely.

Is this ride having the rumoured freefall drop drack do we know?

They're talking on Phantafriends about the possibility of integrating River Quest into Klugheim, including moving the queue and adding some theme work to the Taron side of the ride.

As for the drop track, it doesn't look likely anymore as there isn't really anywhere left it could go, but who really knows with this contraption.

Have literally just booked a holiday to Phantasialand based on this roller coaster. The themeing on this just looks incredible, I certainly hope its open by April next year!

You should not have done that.

The park are refusing to announce when it will open due to the debacle with Chiapas.

We are arranging an official meet to the park in 2016, but have delayed arranging when due to this.

:)