• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

The trouble with comparing this to Rita is that if Rita was well themed, 3 times the length and included multiple launches then it would actually be a noteworthy coaster.

I fail to see how any coaster of this colossal scale can't be exciting, especially when I do think a lot of the elements potentially look really good (it's just very hard to tell how they'll flow from one to another without a clear view of the layout).

According to Loopings, they've started the pull through test:

081115phantakar.jpg

To ensure it's looking good for when Taron opens, River Quest will be undergoing a refurbishment over the closed season ready for opening on March 19th next year (source: Looopings):
Looopings said:
Phantasialand is engaged in the construction of a startling new roller coaster, but that's not all. This winter also restored whitewater River Quest. For the fourteen year old attraction is a big renovation on schedule.

In addition, both the technique and the theme underway. It is intended that the "rapid river" thematically later is better suited to launch rollercoaster Taron, which opens in 2016. Both attractions are in the area Mystery theme.

River Quest, which opened in 2002, consists of a large medieval castle with a vertical lift and three floors full of rapids and whirlpools.

The renovation will last until spring. Phantasialand assumes that the water orbit on March 19 is operational again, confirms a spokeswoman at Looopings. During the winter the attraction is closed anyway. When Taron coaster opens, is not yet known.

Sounds like good news. Let's hope Taron is able to open on March 19th also!

:)

Nice to see River Quest getting some love. I know from this year's visit it was looking a tad tatty and tired. Even better if it really is going to get some new theming to bring it in line with Taron :D.

Phantasialand have released a new video to the Magazine page showing some better angles of the completed track

Shame that Phantasialand seems to hate their fans so much that most fansites have banned any closed season photos so they don't get sued :(

And, quick as a flash, they've released another one

As an aside, I'm loving the music they're using for these videos!

Who knows how it will ride but wow it really does look stunning. This is such an exciting project! The music is superb also.

Soooo.... That is definitely up there with the world's most beautiful coasters! Sorry if I've missed anything, but do we know whether this will have OTSR (NOOOOOOOOO) or lap bars?

Soooo.... That is definitely up there with the world's most beautiful coasters! Sorry if I've missed anything, but do we know whether this will have OTSR (NOOOOOOOOO) or lap bars?

Not sure yet! No inversions though so I don't see why it wouldn't be lap bars (apart from the fact it's Intamin). OTSRs would be a real overkill.

God this ride just looks better and better every time I see it, the area looks set to be on a whole new level, even compared to Chiapas.

As for the new footers near River Quest, the only other thing I could imagine they would be for is more rock work/theming. However I would expect there to be more than just 3 if the were the case? I genuinely do think it could be for a second coaster, seeing as it's been so strongly rumoured on various sites right from the start. Can anybody tell if the other mystery footers are still unused?

The other spare footers have apparently been used for the silver walkway in the middle of that picture.

That doesn't explain the other whacking great trench, where concrete squares have been spotted, though! I wondered at the start if the trench was going to be connected to the River Quest pool and be water feature, but the depth and "footers" ruled that out.

I'd be surprised if a second coaster was built now, can't help but feel there would be more signs of it and there doesn't seem to be loads of space left for one.

Phannyland are masters use squeezing a ride in to a tight space! Though it could be that the footers are going in now while major construction is taking place, for a ride that may not get built for another year. (Didn't Drayton build the footers for Shockwave at the same time as the rapids, even though it came a year later?)

I can't say that was needed tbh, a tower that big should be stone, not wood. Are they going to retheme Mystery Castle as well?