• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

Haven't really been watching this so much - I've never been to phantasia so I don't really know the park but I've been following the updates occasionally. Looks like a great coaster, can't wait to gour eventually. The theming is astonishing. Never seen anything that looks so detailed, even at a Disney park.

As for that latest press release: wow, that's a lot of world records, but at least they're true *glares at a certain UK park* perhaps it will inspire merlin to do somthing like this one day (I can dream, right?). Don't know the park, but will this be purely for the gimmick of "we have a world record"? I doubt it. If this can be done by an independent park (?), then there is no reason a major brand like merlin can't.

Can't wait to see some povs of these coasters and some photos of the area once open :D

A collection of little worlds firsts is more impressive than clutching at straws with 'fully dedicated' rubbish.

I cannot wait to see how Klugenheim has turned out, very jealous of all who are going.

At least all of these claims are true

I wouldn't be so sure, I'm dubious as to whether it exceeds Cheetah Hunt's 60mph launch or Helix's 62mph.

A collection of little worlds firsts is more impressive than clutching at straws with 'fully dedicated' rubbish.

I cannot wait to see how Klugenheim has turned out, very jealous of all who are going.

I swear people just love a reason to s**t on their own doorstep. lol

Alton maybe a bit tongue in cheek with their claims sometimes but come on!

"Taron's layout features 58 intersections, during the ride it will cross its own tracks 118 times - a world record!" Was this even a record before? has anyone ever said "wow the intersections on that ride, I must go and ride it!" lol

"Taron is the world's fastest multi-launch coaster." Like I said above, I'd be interested to see if it exceeds 62mph

"Taron is the longest multi-launch coaster in the world" There are only a handful of these.

"Taron has the world's most intense LSM launch." This one is again, questionable? Stats?

"Raik is the fastest and longest family boomerang in the world." Aren't there less than 5 of these as well?

I will say I have no issue with them claiming all this as it's great for marketing but when people start comparing it to Alton and their claims, I had to mention it. I swear some people just want to take a dig at Alton whenever they can.

I look forward to riding this next month and will be sure to give a full in depth review on it's intersections. :D

When Alton smash £15m or whatever on a new ride, there is typically something world first about it. Video Air is a cheaper project, to breathe some life into an older ride.

You may think it's clutching at straws, but it's something for the media to grab hold of and associate with the brand and project. Whether that be the BBC, Wired, The Mirror, Metro, Birmingham Mail and countless others. In a world where you have to give less time to provide someone with message, you need a nice handy phrase to summarise your product/offering.

People get tied up in knots regarding just a few words out of a press release. It's tiresome.

Spoiler Alert - Red Bull may not give you wings.

^ Exactly! Don't know why people have a problem with this both for PHL and Towers.

What gets more attention from the public saying: 2 new rollercoasters with amazing theming, detail. Both rides are biggest and fastest of their type.

Or the tagline being used which is:
1 themed world
2 rollercoasters
6 world records

Certainty sounds more interesting. 6 world records even if some are intersections or longest family boomerang sound impressive for marketing which is important.

Also Spike. How can you be dubious over the speed? As it was originally intended to be the fastest in Europe it was always going to beat Helix. Do you know something Intamin, the park and the TUV who have being testing it for months don't know?

Also Spike. How can you be dubious over the speed? As it was originally intended to be the fastest in Europe it was always going to beat Helix. Do you know something Intamin, the park and the TUV who have being testing it for months don't know?

Dubious based on the space it occupies and the fact it's LSM, just on those reasons, but happy to be corrected. If it is 63mph+ then even better for me :D

Dubious based on the space it occupies and the fact it's LSM, just on those reasons, but happy to be corrected. If it is 63mph+ then even better for me :D
There are a ton of LSM coasters that top 63mph, don't panic =)

There are a ton of LSM coasters that top 63mph, don't panic =)

I'm not ;) I'm not sure on the actually space to get up to speeds over 62mph. Rita does but that's obviously hydrolics, LSM's take a little bit more space to get up to speed.

I will say I have no issue with them claiming all this as it's great for marketing but when people start comparing it to Alton and their claims, I had to mention it. I swear some people just want to take a dig at Alton whenever they can.

It wasn't a dig at Alton per se, the upgrade is good and the marketing works well, you just have to laugh at the wording.

When Alton smash £15m or whatever on a new ride, there is typically something world first about it. Video Air is a cheaper project, to breathe some life into an older ride.

You may think it's clutching at straws, but it's something for the media to grab hold of and associate with the brand and project. Whether that be the BBC, Wired, The Mirror, Metro, Birmingham Mail and countless others. In a world where you have to give less time to provide someone with message, you need a nice handy phrase to summarise your product/offering.

Understood, but it doesn't have to be a world's first does it? The professional marketing team must be capable of advertising a new ride without having to resort to the good ol' reliable "World's First" line then tagging on whatever fits. I appreciate that Phantasialand are adopting the line but on paper, theirs reads better than Alton's.

I also appreciate that the two attractions aren't comparable, I just think marketing should know when, and when not to throw around the world's first term, it strikes me as odd.

5757f27196148_Klugheim-Edge.jpg.dc48a9bec3a15257b8a386ab78ea292e.jpg

New artwork.

I see what they did..
Worlds fastest multi launch coaster, not worlds fastest launch on a multi launch ;) still expect the launch to beat 62mph though.

Ride Restrictions
Taron: Minimum Height Requirement of 1.30m
Between 1.30 and 1.40 have to be accompanied by an adult.

Raik: Minimum Height Requirement of 1m
Between 1 and 1.20m have to be accompanied by an adult.

Neither ride has a maximum height restriction.

More information about the rides.

It appears that (initially at any rate), there will be no QuickPass available for either coaster. However, there will be Single Rider queues available.

Interesting to see SRQs, given they fitted one to Chiapas but then stopped using it. I always assumed they'd closed it due to the issue with closing broken seats, but I don't think it's ever returned since then?

I wouldn't be surprised if down the line they try and retrofit QuickPass via the exit, if it hasn't already been accounted for. I think off the top of my head only Maus and Chiapas have dedicated QuickPass queues, with other rides using the exits.