• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

It really is such an intriguing ride system! Also I don't know if it is just me but the trains seem really quite long?

:)

There does seem to be a daft amount of space between cars, even more than on Arthur's trains.

It must be. Does seem very odd though. There'll be a hell of a difference between the front and back cars! :D

Even with the way the cars load there still seems to be a lot of space between pairs of seats. Also this test set up has a really long train which I imagine F.L.Y. won't have - given the momentum it will need for a fast and long layout.
However if the station has load and offload sections like Taron + a dark ride section or MCBR they should get a decent amount of trains to have a good throughput.

Most people on here will probably already know that Phantasialand has for many decades now fought for new land to expand on. Recently it has been in the German press following the May local elections however I'm not holding my breath...

However I came across these old expansion plans from 2008 on PhantaFriends which were rejected and are now no longer being considered but it's interesting to see what might have been. The plans included multiple new theme park attractions/areas and a large resort offering.

61b2710cfb05b29f7047ba694fd1db1f.jpg

Multifunctional theater
The seating capacity is between 3,000 and 6,000 visitors. There will be a show program for the day visitors as well as exclusive evening shows and special events. In order to ensure the weather-independent operation of the theater outside the normal opening hours, Parkdecks are set up next to the theater and concert hall.

Playground
Due to the limited space available, the Phantasialand offers little space for children to play and romp. Therefore, a sufficiently large and varied playground is to be designed.

Picnic Area
A considerable part of the visitors bring their own meals. Currently, the Phantasialand does not have a picnic area, because the old picnic area was replaced with a hotel. In addition to the quality of the play, for the erection, as well as for the specific location in the extension area, safety aspects also play a role, since brought along carts, bags and rucksacks are left unattended and represent a potential risk.

Campsite
There is a lack of adequate and modern pitches for tents and mobile homes, which is a disadvantage compared to other competitors.

Hotel
The new hotel is planned as a further "Erlebnishotel" with its own thematization. Due to its planned location in the park, guests do not have to leave the amusement park during their stay or meeting, which contributes to a significant increase in the recreational value during the stay.

Edutainment offer
Conception and topics of two edutainment offers are coordinated with the different target groups and the duration of the visitors. On the one hand, the "Edutainment complex" at the new hotel during the season forms part of the leisure park and outside of the season a supplementary offer of the hotel. This also includes a "plant house" for garden and nature lovers, in which the connections of nature and landscape, the flora and fauna as well as the geological features of the brown coal area are to be experienced. From the "Edutainment complex" the "Edutainment Center", which is planned exclusively as an attraction for the leisure park visitors. An element will be the "Science Center", where visitors and visitors will be introduced to technical and scientific connections through their own playful experimentation.

Water park
The Aquapark is to offer varied entertainment in and around the water and is aimed at hotel guests, campers, other short-term tourists as well as visitors to the leisure park. It closes a gap in the entertainment offer on hot summer days and increases the attractiveness for short holidays/stays.

House of Action
Here entertainment is to be offered without large machines (rides). The visitors themselves have to be active in order to experience something.

Open-air theater
A complement to the show performances in the existing enclosed premises. This allows open-air events to be offered in the summer, while at the same time offering greater flexibility in the design of stage effects.

Arena of Sports
The arena opens up the theme of "sport" for the leisure park. A combination of indoor and outdoor offers is planned, in which the visitors can actively experience extraordinary experiences of the performance athletes. Furthermore, new or well-known sports can exercise and learn, or be entertained by them.

Rapid theme park attraction - Large Wooden Rollercoaster
According to the present state of the planning a so-called "Holzachterbahn", which is clearly different from a steel coaster in the ride experience.

Other Theme park attractions
Real audience magnets. Their exact type (rapid, interactive, etc.) has not yet been determined.​

Egad, 6,000 is a seriously huge capacity for a theatre. For comparison, the Royal Albert Hall can "only" hold about 3,900!

Those plans sound stunning and impressive, especially with the massive theatre and water park. Amazed how few of those intentions are park expansion related either.

Such a shame these are unlikely to come to light in the foreseeable future really, given their planning challenges. The park also could really do with a third hotel, especially given the limited accommodation options around the place too.

From PhantaFriends.de.
These metal structures have been erected along the side of the site behind the Berlin street buildings today. It seems between Rookburgh and the Berlin buildings the park are keeping a backstage laneway for vehicles.
_20170910_161343.thumb.JPG.7eeafc8c7f8bca3b58559ab1daaec7ca.JPG

As with the corner at the admin buildings, as seen in the picture below from 19th August, this looks to be structures for themed sound proof walls/facades.
a4dbd92cd061cee1bb9b44d05d0aa84b.jpg

The completed the structures look just like the walls used in Klugheim.
DSC04769.thumb.JPG.971e7d1c91114862e59437fbbcd10527.JPG.2bb1c29307a54d04816c4d5a5b295c61.JPG

This also confirms as with Klugheim large parts of the coaster will be outside, despite initial assumptions by some people that the ride would be mostly indoors.
They have also this week made more progress with the concrete foundations and walls for the station and footers.

Last edited:
Universal Rocks, the company who do Phantasialand's rockwork, have arrived on site and started erecting their scaffolding/framework for concrete spraying on the walls discussed in the previous post.

This Klugheim behind the scenes video explains the process.
Will be interesting to see whether it is a rockwork facade or buildings facade. I presume (based on the theme), and hope for the latter as there's enough rockwork/fake mountains in PHL.

There are quite a few new frameworks for buildings and such, very close to the track aswell:

21909699_1583604078366320_883313522535038976_n.jpg

Source

The crane from BSH (the company that constructed Raik and now also F.L.Y) is back on site as well, so hopefully some new track will installed soon.

Just like Taron, this is going to get nice and close to the theming and buildings:

:)

I like how some of supports are going to be encased into the theming. This so far looks like it's going to be an awesome addition to the park.

I thought that the ride was making pretty good progress for summer 2018. Wonder what’s holding it back?

Wasn't that the same as Taron / Raik / Klugheim though? The track was finished about a year before opening and the rest of time was spent theming the area. Although that was an area / multiple rides it's not uncommon for Phantasialand to spend extended lengths of time theming the area

Wasn't that the same as Taron / Raik / Klugheim though? The track was finished about a year before opening and the rest of time was spent theming the area.
I suppose. Taron/Klugheim has some of the world’s most detailed theme park theming, so it must have taken a while to build. I hope Rookburgh/F.L.Y continues this standard of theming. Also, is F.L.Y the ride’s final name, or is this just a code name? I’m starting to think that this might be the final name, as Taron’s name was revealed quite early on in the Klugheim development process.

Loopings removed the speculation about the opening-year from the article. The source was a newspaper article that basicly just says "it will open either in 2018 or 2019"