• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Picsolve Photo Rip Off

Have you ever had the digital photo added without your consent?

• Yes, I was charged £8.40 with MAP discount

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Yes, I was charged £10 as a non MAP holder

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • I got the Buy one get one half price, without digital photo added

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No, I paid normal price of £8

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No, I used my MAP and paid £6.40

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
Some very good customer service here thanks for joining Emma

NickT04 said:
I bought a Carnival of Screams picture the other week, I don't normally buy the picture unless its a new ride but I found this particular picture quite funny. After buying it he asked if I wanted a digital upload to share my picture on Facebook, Twitter etc.

His face after I declined and said "I can scan it in on my scanner and do that anyway." was a right picture!
hey ho would love to see the pic!

Wait what?

You dont have to pay extra for the digital verson at Alton Towers ?????

As an aside, I was forced to buy 2 photos on the runaway mine train, we were all sat together in the first 2 rows of the train, however, the photos only show the front 2 seats on photo one and then photo 2 has the 2 second row of seats.

However when I checked the digital version, It shows BOTH the 1st and 2nd row of seats in ONE photo , so why was I forced to buy 2 photos? and why could I not just buy the digial version ? and why was I not told the digtal was extra?

I'd love to hear Emma's thoughts on this? im happy to upload the paper photos and the digial one, to show just what a rip off it is !

Wait what?

You dont have to pay extra for the digital verson at Alton Towers ?????

As an aside, I was forced to buy 2 photos on the runaway mine train, we were all sat together in the first 2 rows of the train, however, the photos only show the front 2 seats on photo one and then photo 2 has the 2 second row of seats.

However when I checked the digital version, It shows BOTH the 1st and 2nd row of seats in ONE photo , so why was I forced to buy 2 photos? and why could I not just buy the digial version ? and why was I not told the digtal was extra?

I'd love to hear Emma's thoughts on this? im happy to upload the paper photos and the digial one, to show just what a rip off it is !

Last season photos were £8 each or you could buy the digital version for an extra £2 (£10 in total). This year the photos have gone up to £10 but you get the digital version for free See what they did there ;)

Also you can't buy the digital version on it's own, you have to buy a real photo to get the digital download.

Thanks for the reply, that makes sense on pricing but what doesnt make sense is why on the RMT the front 2 rows are split onto 2 photos but the digital download of the front 2 rows also includes the second 2 rows, had we known this , we'd have just purchased one photo not 2, then printed one at home that has all 4 of us on.

The photos on the digital downloads are the EXACT same photos as the ones shown on the screens (they can't change them!). So surely you would've noticed this when going to purchase your photo (seeing as they show them all on the screens behind you at point of purchase)?

The only way we can agree with you is if you show us both the printed and digital photos...

Am interested to see :) mainly as RMT ORPs tend to have multiple rows in them anyway purely because of the layout of the ride and how close the rows are.

My guess is that car one only contains one row, as it has the front of the train on it, where as the rest have two rows per car. Maybe Picsolve somehow edit the images slightly for what you buy in person, and then what is online?

Will see when you scan them in.

Excuse the fact I have edited the photos

Picture one is the one purchased in park, you can see that you cant see the riders in row 2, therefore meaning you have to buy 2 photos

However photo 2 is the digital version that has BOTH row 1 and 2 in it, it should also be said the rider in row one on the right had his head cut off in the verion purchased in the park

Picsolve, your thoughts please?

If that picture you purchased in park really looks like that, I'd be pretty pissed with PicSolve.

The RMT logo is cut off at the edge and then there is no AT logo either. That's shoddy work if it looks like that in person.

Completely agree! Would you be able to take a full photo of the photo and upload it to here, making sure that we can see the whole thing?

If that picture you purchased in park really looks like that, I'd be pretty pissed with PicSolve.

The RMT logo is cut off at the edge and then there is no AT logo either. That's shoddy work if it looks like that in person.
Of course it looks like that, I have removed it from the frame and scanned it in, now you can see why ,when I saw the digital version I was so upset, lets hope the Picsolve rep shows up here.

Here it is, in the frame

I agree with paying £3 for just a digial photo, if it were that price, i'd pretty much buy every ORP of the day, excluding spinball as they are generally naff.

Thanks

~

http://i57.tinypic.com/259vmo9.jpg

259vmo9.jpg

Last edited:
I suggest you send a email in to Picsolve and Towers with all the details you have put on here, with a link to each other the photos and see what they came back to you with. Or even give them a link to the posts on this thread!