• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Pinewood studio Cardiff

I'm happy to see that they're extending out more studios and workplaces for the British film industry to hopefully sink its teeth into, especially for film industry workers out towards the South West and of course Wales!

Technically it's in Newport, not Cardiff. :p Although it's near enough right inbetween both cities. Very good news for not only the film industry but the local economy.

Wales already has well established television productions so it's exciting to see the film industry make its way into this part of the UK.

I remember walking around the Pinewood Studios gardens occasionally when I was extremely young and my parents used to work there. It was a great place to explore, it certainly got me interested in the entertainment industry from an early age! Some of my favourite films were shot there.

*cough* Little Shop of Horrors *cough*

The British film industry has been in dire need of studio space for a long time. With Pinewood's original plans being demolished by the NIMBYs and Hollywood rushing to shoot so many of their films that are scheduled for release in 2015 at our studios, there is a lack of space. Even Edgar Wright, who is attached to direct the Marvel Studios backed film 'Ant-Man' had to move production away from Pinewood Studios to their Atlanta studio because of the lack of space as a result of the plans being turned down (it's not just the theme parks that have these problems :( ) http://www.screendaily.com/news/edgar-wright-ant-man-wont-shoot-in-uk/5064022.article.
Hopefully more independent filmmakers in the UK will take advantage of the new tax breaks and facilities in Wales! ;D