• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

planning my daughters first trip to the towers

delta79

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis, Air
Hi all

I am planning to take my daughter on her first trip to Alton Towers later in the year.

I am looking for a coaster to start her off on ( i am thinking air) and coasters to ride after.
she been on thunder mountain (DLRP) and the two wooden coasters (big dipper, Grand National) at BPB a couple of years ago.

I am not ruling out RMT, as we may do it if we got time, but she has ridden thunder mountain, so i know she will be fine with it.

I am hoping she got the coaster gene and it just needs jump starting ;D

I thought with the experience on here you could suggest the best ones to start with on the park.
But there are a couple of ride i am counting out now.

Sub terra - she will freak out.
Charlie and the something that look like chocolate factory - my name for it says what i think of it.

any suggestions great fully received :D

Air and Th13teen are great starter coasters as is spinball, RMT is a nice warm up though just because its bags of fun. If she is feeling very brave then move on. The top 3 scary coasters depend on your individual tastes but im sure Nemesis and Rita. could be doable, Oblivion often intimidates!

Well the count down starts, My daughter first visit to Alton Towers is going to be on the 7th August.

When I've gone with wimps or children I've tackled it by going on oblivion first, saying 'lets get the scariest one done first, everything is easy after that. If you can do that one you can do any of them', which has always worked.

It has to be TH13TEEN it is a great coaster for children who want to try the bigger coasters and will also be great fun for you, air is completely up to her when i was younger oblivion and Nemesis was sound but air that position semt frightning.

I agree with Runaway Mine Train and spinball great rides to start your day, however if your child is impatient avoid spinball unless you are up for buying a £4 fastrack

thanks for the replies. pluk, i like your style. if you don't die of shock on oblivion, then you can ride anything idea.

scott, I may get her to lie on the coffee table to get her use to the ride position :D

I started going on the bigger rides by going on 13 first, Air, Rita and then Nemesis. I did Spinball and the others before. Apart from Oblivion, which I never seem to build up the courage to go on... ;D

Your first visit is always one of your best memory's of Alton towers and it's rollercoasters so I would start with the best (nemesis)