• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Playmobil

Wow, who knew there could be so much fanboyism, aggression and unpleasant things said to the original poster in a topic about children's toys. ::)

They're toys for children.

Poison Tom 96 said:
If you had Playmobil your parents hated you. LEGO clearly is superior.
DiogoJ42 said:
You are dead to me.
Islander said:
...words fail me.
Eddie said:
I reckon if a child receives that set from his parents, the parents either hate them and/or they're clueless and can't LEGO and ripoffs apart.

Charming.

Anyway, when I was a kid, I vastly preferred K'Nex to any of the 'block building' toys, including Lego. You can build so much more interesting and dynamic things with it. It's a lot easier to build structures that move, and it's a lot easier than Lego to design whatever you want without needing custom pieces. :)

M*** B**** and all the other clone brands are the same size as Lego. Most of them are actually compatible. Duplo is the big one.... Though it is still compatible with Lego, since it is made by Lego. A 2x2 Lego brick fits over a single Duplo stud. Many AFOLs use Duplo to bulk up the interior supports of a landscape, etc.

Fair enough, I've never seen lego style mega blocks.

I thought you were referring to this:
mega-bloks-80-maxi-pieces-in-bag-primary-colours.jpg

John said:

As someone reminded me after I mentioned this topic to them yesterday there are two types of Mega Bloks. The image posted by John above is the good stuff. I had this when I was really young. The picture doesn't quite do it's size justice but to put it in perspective a 2x2 Lego brick is a Duplo brick and a 2x2 Duplo brick is roughly a Mega Blok.

The other type of Mega Blok though is this:

Mega-Bloks-Probuilder.jpg

It's a clear Lego take off but from my own experience the bricks don't stick very well together and there are very few standard pieces so it tends to fall apart very easily and you are limited by what else you can make with it.

Just had to clear that up.

John said:

And I've never seen Duplo style M*** B*****! :p

Say what you like about Playmobil or Mega Bloks, they've never tried to charge me £44.40 for entry into a second-rate children's theme park.

Can I ask why the topic has turn into a Lego topic? and alot of the comments i'm quite offended by y'know I do have feelings! :mad: . Playmobil is a good toy and is the dollhouse type toy a compleatly
different thing to Lego, which is a building game. ???

Joseph said:
Can I ask why the topic has turn into a Lego topic? and alot of the comments i'm quite offended by y'know I do have feelings! :mad: . Playmobil is a good toy and is the dollhouse type toy a compleatly
different thing to Lego, which is a building game. ???

Because the Lego fanboys in this topic are as bad, if not worse, than the Apple/Android fanboys in this topic.

You don't like the same children's toy as they do, so they'll mock you and insult you, or imply that your parents were inadequate at raising you because they didn't buy you the correct brand of children's building block toy. :(

I think a large number of people are failing to realise that a lot of what was said was said tounge-in-cheek...

(well, at least what I said was...)

This is the problem with the written word. it is hard to tell if the post is tongue in cheek or not, is there anyway to mark a post as tongue in cheek to stop confusion ??

delta79 said:
This is the problem with the written word. it is hard to tell if the post is tongue in cheek or not, is there anyway to mark a post as tongue in cheek to stop confusion ??
I would have hoped that if someone says "your parents didn't love you if they didn't give you Lego", it'd be fairly blindingly obvious that that was tongue in cheek...

I normally look at the username to work out if it is tongue in cheek banter. But I think a saying fit the bill here.

If something can be taken the wrong way, someone will take it that way.

I was quite lucky in that I had both. I had a playmobil lifeboat, a lego box with 100pcs and some k-nex as well. I never had megablocks apart from when I was very very young and even then I preferred sticklebricks!