• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Pokémon Go

Are You Playing Pokémon Go?

• Yes, oh the nostalgia

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • No, I have a 'life'

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • What's a Pokémon?

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Spike

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Taron
Come on then, I'll start the topic seeing as no one else has (and probably for good reason lol).

So, who's nostalgically playing it then? :cool:

Been playing for the past few weeks, so amazing to see people out just in groups playing it!

Level 6 going on 7 already, had a few regular runs to the end of my road in my socks to catch some rare Pokemon :tearsofjoy:

I just started yesterday and went to a local Pokestop on lunch with people from work. A car pulled up and a women got her phone out and collected her loot and drove off again haha! It's crazy how fast it's taken hold.

Only got it yesterday, looks like great fun. There's a few pokestops and gyms near my house so I'll probably play it regularly.

My main grievances with it are it takes a while to get used to as it lacks tutorials. It can get buggy and crash a lot, meaning a good ol' app closure. You also need a good data plan and wifi connection, where possible, to play it.

However, it's a very fun and enjoyable game as I've just come home from catching 6 Pokemon (including Abra, Ghastly, Hitmonlee and Shellder) in my local area. It cracks me up seeing other local players roaming around too and shouting at each other "there's a Drowzee right there! IN FRONT OF YOU!" with their phones out.

Have fun and stay safe wherever you're catching dem 'mons, folks!

cb9.gif

p.s. You can get a Pikachu as your first.

Yeah I was gutted when I found out this Pikachu trick. :(

I read a large proportion of the people playing the game are late 20's early 30's according to the figures. Nostalgia is a great thing :D

Just run down the road in pjs to find a Ponyta.

Also witnessed Instinct taking over the only Gym around here from Mystic.

I volunteer at a museum, we've had people parking up and walking around after we close this week! The hotel next door has a gym in the front garden, so they've experienced a lot of people hanging around recently. Can't play it myself due to lack of suitable phone!

I was not into pokemon the first time around and I just find pokemon go, odd.