• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Pokemon

So as a significant interest of mine I thought I'd open the subject up to others
Here's an opportunity to talk anything Pokémon.
Anime
Video games
Pokémon go
VGC
Anything else

Personally I play the video games and last year seriously attempted to qualify for the world finals. Sadly I missed out but had great fun at trying and made some friends along the way

Currently struggling to make a VGC18 team due to work commitments (social worker!) and not having enough time in the day.

I'd certainly like to play and test with some other people - since my regular group are all very similar in their play style so it'd Ben cool to see what others come up with.

I'm also aware though that this subject may die a death quickly but what the hey!

Ok so I thought I’d add to this. I’ve recently attended what Americans billed as two “regional tournaments” which for me are internationals.

I’ve visited the Las Vegas and Toronto regionals. These were two day events. At Las Vegas I made day two but was defeated early on. At Toronto I made top 32. Very pleased with my progress. Currently my world ranking does not include results from these two events so I’m a little low on the spectrum 123rd in the uk and 1011 in the world - ok to put this into context this is not good. But my recent results should make this considerably better.

I had designs on making top 100 or so in the world this year. Or obtain an invite to Worlds tournament.
However being a recently new father and newly qualified social worker I don’t think I will have time. After all the Vegas open was coincidental to a trip we were making anyway and Toronto I was able to stay with family.

If anyone is interested hit me up for a game