• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

Another article here via Twitter (Spanish), shows a photo of an area taped off. Seems luck nobody was seriously injured, and from what I’ve read the accident was caused by a fallen tree or branch on the track.

EDIT- the article mentions “two critical”, but I haven’t seen mention of this elsewhere so maybe it’s a translation error.

From: https://x.com/lavanguardia/status/1756977695018352957?s=46

That is tape on Stampida and can be found at other sections of the course, previous to the incident on Tomahawk. As of today, the tree is yet to be removed from the track. Nothing is covering the area (probably no temporary walls due to the ongoing high winds) but there is security staff in that area, presumably to stop people taking photos

The wind speeds have been gusting up to 80kmh today, so major rides stopped running at around lunchtime and didn’t restart

Going to Portaventura for the first time in May (on a Thursday), wondering what to expect in terms of queues? Heard the operations aren't amazing and the park seems to only be open from 10am to 6pm in May, so will we struggle to see everything?

Going to Portaventura for the first time in May (on a Thursday), wondering what to expect in terms of queues? Heard the operations aren't amazing and the park seems to only be open from 10am to 6pm in May, so will we struggle to see everything?

A weekday on May seems pretty decent. Kids still at school and regular ppl working. Hope you have a great time!

I am planning to visit PA in July and want to purchase fast pass/express pass, however when booking the tickets no options are available, does this mean they have sold out of express passes? There isn’t a single July date available with an express pass.

Does anyone know if they are readily available in the park or anywhere else in salou?

Hi, I’m going to PortAventura next weekend - arriving Saturday 6th at 12:45pm and departing Tuesday 9th at 9:30pm!

I’m looking for advice on how to transfer from Barcelona airport? Driving isn’t an option, and I read that buses are the best but the options provided on the PortAventura website have really bad timings. Departing hours after we arrive etc.

Are there decent/ reliable buses to get on the day from the airport, or trains to the nearby towns?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! 😊

you can booked a shared coach transfer at holidaytaxis.com. I have used before, not from barcelona but from other locations inc the closer reus airport. A quick check and it’s around £36 return each from Barcelona to port Aventura area hotels.

Never fly to main Barcelona airport if you can help it. Reus (the other airport) is like 10 mins away from PA.

Obviously if you're planning on spending time in the City as well as at PA then ignore the above.

you can booked a shared coach transfer at holidaytaxis.com. I have used before, not from barcelona but from other locations inc the closer reus airport. A quick check and it’s around £36 return each from Barcelona to port Aventura area hotels.
Thank you - just did this and it was very straightforward so all set now!

It seems finding out how to transfer is more difficult than actually transferring 😂 we got a really good all inclusive deal via Barcelona airport but nice to know in future Reus is much closer!

Thanks

Hi, I’m going to PortAventura next weekend - arriving Saturday 6th at 12:45pm and departing Tuesday 9th at 9:30pm!

I’m looking for advice on how to transfer from Barcelona airport? Driving isn’t an option, and I read that buses are the best but the options provided on the PortAventura website have really bad timings. Departing hours after we arrive etc.

Are there decent/ reliable buses to get on the day from the airport, or trains to the nearby towns?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! 😊

Your best bet is to go to Sants Estació train station (like 20 min from the airport) and from there there are Regional trains that drops you at Port Aventura entrance. Overall it will take around 1:30 to 2h

Or else coach if you’re going with a larger group.

I hate to be that guy but I'm going to portaventura on the 16th and also maybe the 17th does anyone know if this is typically a busy time to go, is there any holidays in Spain around this time?
My flight to Reus airport won't get there until 21:05 the night before I'm wondering if there's any buses to Salou typically running this late or if it's a taxi job, any answers would be much appreciated 👍.

I hate to be that guy but I'm going to portaventura on the 16th and also maybe the 17th does anyone know if this is typically a busy time to go, is there any holidays in Spain around this time?
My flight to Reus airport won't get there until 21:05 the night before I'm wondering if there's any buses to Salou typically running this late or if it's a taxi job, any answers would be much appreciated 👍.

The busy Semana Santa (Easter) is already behind us. You should be all right.

These spring months plus September and maybe Christmas are the best periods to visit the park.