• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

Independent it may be, but it still operates on Disney property. You'd think the all-seeing mouse would have something to say.

Independent it may be, but it still operates on Disney property. You'd think the all-seeing mouse would have something to say.
Well like I said... the store was entirely refurbished last year.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sam
Doesn't forgive that it was allowed to get in to that state in the first place though.
... But anyway, that chewing gum tunnel at PA is rancid.
;)

For those interested (I know how fond you all are of PortAventura Express ;)) this years Express packages and pricing for the parks:
25z5kwz.png

Saw a billboard for PA at Harrow On The Hill station today. Genuinely thought it was for Thorpe at first glance.

Ferrari Land looks diabolically bland, one major ride and the rest filler for the Ferrari enthusiasts.

Mind you, the 11pm opening times.....has a thumbs up indeed.

Ferrari Land looks diabolically bland, one major ride and the rest filler for the Ferrari enthusiasts.

I don't agree with that, the equivalent attractions of Flying Dreams, Racing Legends and Maranello Grand Race are all major attractions at other Parks so I'd say they are more than filler attractions.

I think for a Resort such as PortAventura to open a new park from scratch on land that was just a concrete car park, they've done very well. Granted it's not everyone's cup of tea, it's not mine, but to open with Europe's tallest and fastest coaster, a flying theatre, raceway, simulators and other attractions, restaurants and shows, I don't think is bad going.

Been at PA for the last 2 days so here are a few observations.

Ferrari Land was empty. I can't see this surviving as a stand alone park for very long. It was just about worth an extra tenner for a couple of rides on red force. I also went on one of the drop towers but what a poor investment when there's a very similar ride next door?

Queue jumping was a major issue at PA as there were a few school trips. Fortunately waiting times weren't that bad as it was midweek and wet. I bought a fastpass on the second day - I think €48 for unlimited fastrack is an absolute steal!

I have to say the variety of rides is superb and the theming is fantastic.

Also, I notice that customer services at PA get some stick but I thought they were outstanding. I lost my ticket TWICE (cue the ridicule) and they replaced it on both occasions without too much fuss.

As for the rides, Shambhala was my favourite - loads of airtime. But smaller rides like the mine train put Alton Towers to shame - it's got 3 lift hills, for God sake!

I did this trip on my own this time but I'm trying to convince my niece to come with me later in the year.

I believe El Diablo's lift 2 - turn - trim - lift 3 happens to be down to contractual problems with Arrow Dynamics at the time. I can't remember exactly why but I heard there should of been more track before the third lift hill but it got cut down and reduced to a trim and turn into the third lift. The third lift hill makes up for it though with a great view of Dragon Khan and Shambhala.

Quantity of lift hills does not necessarily correlate with the quality of a coaster, just look at Temple of the Night Hawk which also has three but does absolutely nothing of note. El Diablo at least has it's moments where something vaguely fun happens, but only about 2 or 3 of them around its entire layout.

During the late stages of construction, an emergency access road was needed underneath the second section of track which was to include a few helix, at the last minute this was cut to allow emergency vehicles to travel under the track. This is why the track dips down after the lifthill and then straight back up over the road.

Not the best, but still a popular fun family coaster, which has a few spots of airtime, near misses and a fast pace in most sections.

El Diablo, & The Flume take up so much good usable space, i'd like to see El Diablo go, it hogs an ideal spot for a new generation compact coaster or even a dark ride of some sort.

I visited Ferrari Land with the lowest of low expectations.... and I quite enjoyed it. It's a very pretty little park. And Red Force was surprisingly fun. I really enjoyed, the LSM launch for me is up there with their hydraulic launches for intensity. And that noise...

Biggest surprised of all though was how efficient the staff were on Red Force, the queue genuinely went down really quick, constantly moving.

Shame the same can't be said in the main park. All major coasters (aside from Baco) on one train with 45 minutes queues...

But again, credit where it's due... Baco didn't break down once during our 3 days there, and like Red Force, it had really good through-put.

Glad to hear it about operations.

Though 'good' throughput on Baco is still inadequate for a park of PortAventura"s popularity. Even on a good hour, it'll only do 900.

:)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Morning Folks,

Hope you're all well. I'm heading back out to PA on Sunday 4th, just wondering if anyone knows if you're still able to buy express passes from the hotel, for the duration of your stay, and what they cost these days?

Cheers,

Sam :)

Morning Folks,

Hope you're all well. I'm heading back out to PA on Sunday 4th, just wondering if anyone knows if you're still able to buy express passes from the hotel, for the duration of your stay, and what they cost these days?

Cheers,

Sam :)

You can indeed buy at the hotels, I'm pretty sure when I stopped in the Hotel El Paso you could buy them at the main reception. In terms of price I am not sure but from what I remember it's much cheaper than in the park.