• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

Universal could well put in a bid, but we'll have to wait and see. Won't be cheap though, the current owners are wanting €1000 million ($1.07 billion).

I had heard that Universal wanted a few shifts in terms of culture and operation before confirming the sale. They’re so gargantuan that it was worth putting the cash in to do it, but it seems whatever needed to change didn’t happen fast enough?

B&M’s bad luck this year continues with Shambhala currently closed for unscheduled maintenance, speculated to have been caused by the support’s location on the hillside

No opening timeline is available

IMG_9630.jpeg

In other news, Halloween returns next Saturday in full force, with the lagoon show making a return after being absent in the last years. Horror in Texas is now “Horrock in Texas” and is sponsored by MTV, and the other mazes are all returning. As well as this, a new scare zone has today been announced:

La Maldicion del Emperador will be located on the path between Polynesia and China, which has been deeply under-utilised since the closure of the boats and the opening of SesamoAventura.

I’ll be visiting next week so will post anything interesting as I find it !

WdW news today often post rumours seen elsewhere are often Not the most reliable and guilty of headlines/stories to get clicks, they are just posting the rumours previously about Universal being interested, no one knows for sure currently if they still are or not.

I did hear some rumours that universal have set up a creative company in Spain recently and have poached quite a few high ups from
Disneyland Paris. All that mixed with the previous rumours and sightings around PA, I think it’s still pretty highly likely Universal are looking to buy it back.

In a few years a think we will see a EU IoA and Halloween Horror Nights Europe…

I was pretty skeptical about this but seeing the latest rumours... High profile people from Disneyland Paris are in fact landing at Catalonia. Let's see what happens but the stars are aligning...

Universal_Mediterranea_2002.jpg

They have took a bit of a gamble with Epic Universe in difficult financial times what with the COVID impact and the war in Ukraine going on which is impacting consumer spending significantly.

I don't think them buying Port Aventura for several billion right now is a wise move nor do I believe they will.

One day in the future? Who knows.....but I'd be astonished if they were really aggressive right now with Epic Universe still a few yrs away from opening. Who knows how they are doing with that project too compared to budget. They are going ahead at a tremendous pace but they could be spending more than originally planned for all we know to ensure it gets finished quickly.

I’m slightly dubious it will happen, but I sincerely hope it does. Universal’s ownership was a golden age for the park. When you look at the additions they made, they fit seamlessly with the rest of the park; quite the opposite of what you see with later additions such as Sesamo Aventura and Rec/Dino 4D.

Just addressing the inconsistent operations and great number of appalling staff would be a massive step in the right direction. Imagine if you could depend on Shambhala being operated reliably or for restaurants to actually be open when they’re advertised to be.

PA also needs money throwing at it and not an insignificant amount, plus FL is an embarrassment and needs a large amount throwing at it, be it money or explosives.

Won't be long before the just give up on the second park idea and just make FL part of the main one. You can already get a ticket for 5-10 euros more with FL added on and the crowds still don't flock in.

It's been a monumental flop it has to be said.

Won't be long before the just give up on the second park idea and just make FL part of the main one. You can already get a ticket for 5-10 euros more with FL added on and the crowds still don't flock in.

It's been a monumental flop it has to be said.

I imagine it is part of the licencing deal to make it a separate park.

We are coming up to the 10 year mark for FL in 2027. Assuming the licence deal was 10 years. So not massively long until they can remove the theme and incorporate it into the main park in some way.

Then I could see a proper 2nd park being built on the car parks. They have the land. Realistically if they started work on a 2nd park it wouldn’t open until 2027/8 at the earliest anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk