• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PowerPark, Finland 2013: 'Kwai River' Interlink log flume

Sam

TS Member
This one slipped under the radar!

Screamscape said:
2013 - Kwai River Super Flume - (8/6/13) Interlink reports that their new Super Flume ride has opened at Finland’s PowerPark in July. The ride is named Kwai River, and has been given perhaps one of the strangest themed for a flume ride I’ve ever seen, taking a nod from the iconic World War 2 film, Bridge Over the River Kwai. Each of the nine, six-passenger boats, on the ride has been named after a different character from the film.
The ride has a themed station, two lifts and two drops (7m and 14m) and a full course length of 400 m. An existing bridge that passed through the area was incorporated into the theme of the ride, and according to the press released, music from the soundtrack of the film is used throughout the ride experience as well. I got to admit however, it does look quite nice, so good show for Interlink and PowerPark.

Interlink, not to be confused with Interide, the American name for Intamin. :)

K2jwGKD.jpg

ZMtgdNL.jpg

zgFLiKV.jpg

It's a shame that last photo isn't any bigger as the theming for this ride looks rather epic for a small park, especially the bridge!

Sam said:
Interlink, not to be confused with Interide, the American name for Intamin. :)

I thought Interlink are the UK based firm, who took over Big Country Motioneering when they went under? They acted as broker to American Adventure is their BCM Log Flume and Runaway Train if I recall correctly?

http://www.interlink-lg.com/home.htm

They also seem to have CAD renderings of a very similar looking flume on their website.

Or is there more than one Interlink, and I'm confused? :p