• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Progressive Musical Discussion Topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zDNv8HTecw[/youtube]

Anyone else meh on Blur's new song. I like the Gorillaz-y feel, but not a fan of the new sound. But I could get used to it. I'm optimistic for the future though.

Intro sounds like a Pulp song. :p

I like the lyrics. I don't like the later-day Gorillaz style in a Blur song. I hate britpop, but I don't understand this style, it's just not really Blur. Gorillaz is one thing, Blur is another.

Speaking of trailers, The Killers have a trailer for their new album, with the first single out in a few days.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9M61MGFRoY&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Sounds more like a film soundtrack, so if that's taken from the album, it seems they've decided to carry on being crap.

Tripple post. Come at me.

So The Killers have revealed their first track from their new record. Can anyone tell me honestly that it surprises them? Starts exactly how you'd expect, progresses how you'd expect. Lyrics and vocals how you'd expect. Same strange sense of knowing the next lyric before you've even heard the song before.

They said the album would have more guitar, go back to being rock. It doesn't really sound different from their last two albums. Hot Fuss was incredible. Since then, they've been mostly poor. Oh well, I stopped caring about them a long time ago anyway.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LOeImx0kW4&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Sorry for the huge massive bump.
But it's needed.

Roger Waters is coming back to Europe to do The Wall once more!

ROGER WATERS MAKES HIS TRIUMPHANT RETURN TO EUROPE IN 2013 WITH HIS EXTRAORDINARY AURAL AND VISUAL MASTERPIECE: “THE WALL”

“The best Arena show ever. Period.” - New York Post

“The Wall Live is flawless. Everyone should see it once before they die.”- Philadelphia Inquirer

“The work resonates even more strongly than before” - The Independent

“The Wall is a triumph of scale and ambition…. the pinnacle of rock achievement” The Times, London

“You certainly get a lot of bang for your bucks” - The Telegraph

“The Wall is the perfect screen for the most eye-popping, thought provoking concert animations and visual graphics I’ve ever seen.” - London Evening Standard

“It is impossible not to be impressed with this show as a sensory experience” - The Guardian

LONDON 9th November 2012: Roger Waters, the co-founder and principal songwriter of the archetypal progressive band Pink Floyd, has announced the return of the historic production of “The Wall” to Europe in 2013. His aural and visual masterpiece of alienation and transformation will be performed in its entirety featuring a full band and state-of-the-art production. “The Wall” live has played 192 shows around the world to more than 3.3 million fans making it one of the most successful tours in rock history.

The 2013 tour will consist of 18 open air/stadium shows, to include such iconic venues as Rome Olympic Stadium, Amsterdam Arena and Berlin Olympic Stadium, etc., as well as two Oslo Telenor Arenas. An exclusive presale for The Wall 2013 will be held through RogerWaters.com. To participate, go to www.RogerWaters.com ASAP now to sign up. Public sale tickets for The Wall 2013 go on sale on November 16th for selected dates. For details, please go to www.RogerWaters.com

For these large open air stadiums, Roger Waters has re-designed and scaled up The Wall show to create the ultimate stadium event, bringing The Wall experience even closer to fans wherever they are sitting and making the production even more encompassing in large venues.

Roger Waters says, “I’m extremely glad to be playing The Wall in Europe again. It’s going to be a lot of fun for all of us. I’ve reworked the show to play outdoors in large stadiums. It’s really good. Even more moving, engaging, dramatic and thrilling than the Arena shows. I’ve had to rethink the whole thing about stadiums. This wide wall stadium show couldn’t have been done 40 years ago. We couldn’t have filled the space in a way that would have been emotionally, musically and theatrically satisfying. Technology has changed. Now we can.”

Waters’ first reinvented his iconic stage production of “The Wall” in 2010 utilizing modern day technological advances and special effects which have been embraced by audiences around the globe with countless sold out performances and multiple-night stands including a record-breaking 9 sold out shows at the River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires, Argentina. “The Wall” remains one of the most influential albums in the history of recorded music with a profound effect on pop culture, resonating with multiple generations of music fans.

Prior to 2010, “The Wall” show was simply too large to contemplate a tour, but new arenas and advances in touring technology have solved that dilemma. Waters has updated the look and feel of the show to ensure it matches the astonishing theatrical extravaganza that The Wall’s live incarnation became so legendary for - thus allowing yet another generation to be inspired by the grandeur of the breath taking visual and aural spectacle. The 1980 original production of the “The Wall” had been performed live-in-its-entirety just 29 times during Pink Floyd’s 1980 tour in support of the album and once in Berlin in celebration of the fall of the Berlin wall.

Roger Waters will be talking about the tour via a special web cast on RogerWaters.com and Facebook.com/rogerwaters on Thursday 15th November from 12:30pm UK time, when more dates will be announced.

Tour dates:
JULY

Saturday 20 - WERCHTER FESTIVAL SITE

Tuesday 23 - SPLIT POLJUD STADIUM

Friday 26 - PADOVA EUGANEO STADIUM

Sunday 28 - ROME OLYMPIC STADIUM

AUGUST

Wednesday 7 - PRAGUE SYNOT TIP STADIUM (SLAVIA)

Friday 9 - FRANKFURT COMMERZBANK ARENA

Sunday 11 - COPENHAGEN PARKEN STADIUM

Wednesday 14 - OSLO TELENOR ARENA

Thursday 15 - OSLO TELENOR ARENA

Saturday 17 - GOTHENBURG ULLEVI STADIUM

Tuesday 20 - WARSAW NARODOWY STADIUM

Friday 23 - VIENNA DONAUINSEL

Sunday 25 - BUDAPEST PUSKAS FERENC STADIUM

Wednesday 28 - BUCHAREST PIATA CONSITUTIEI

Friday 30 - SOFIA VASIL LEVSKI STADIUM

SEPTEMBER

Sunday 1 - BELGRADE USCE PARK

Wednesday 4 - BERLIN OLYMPIC STADIUM

Friday 6 - DUSSELDORF ESPRIT ARENA

Sunday 8 - AMSTERDAM ARENA

Wednesday 18 - DUBLIN AVIVA STADIUM

I'm very nearly crying!
:D

So I'm guessing the UK dates will be released on the 15th?

There's no way I could explain how I feel right now.

Blaze said:
So I'm guessing the UK dates will be released on the 15th?

There's no way I could explain how I feel right now.

If he isn't coming to the UK, my mum and dad have already said we'd go abroad to go and see it!

If you see anyone hanging to the bottom of Eurostar, that'll be me.

Nothing can stop me.

Don't care if I've seen it twice before, I'm going again.

I don't care where I see, just as long as I see it.

By the final bar of In the Flesh 1, I'll be in tears!

Two more dates have been added for Roger Waters' tour.

31st July - Athens (Venue TBC)
14th September - Wembley Stadium, London.
21st September - Stade de France, Paris.

Tickets go on sale tomorrow for selected dates.
This video has been released onto his website.
The Wall Live 2013 European Tour on Vimeo

My parents have confirmed that we're going to Paris to see, and then we are going to Euro Disney the next day. That will be the best weekend of my entire life!

Got in on the Dublin presale, but held back for the Wembley presale. Hopefully the Wembley presale is tomorrow and I won't regret turning down Dublin.

Saddened that the Wembley gig won't be the last.

Blaze said:
Got in on the Dublin presale, but held back for the Wembley presale. Hopefully the Wembley presale is tomorrow and I won't regret turning down Dublin.

Saddened that the Wembley gig won't be the last.

I think it will be just the first few dates that will be on sale tomorrow. (I hope the Paris one is, as I'm getting mine next Friday).

I shall be going to possibly the last ever Wall show in Europe by Roger!

Yeah, the original dates go on sale tomorrow, the ones from today are next Friday. I'm hoping the presale for Wembley starts tomorrow. I've applied for Wembley and Paris.

I'd go Paris if I can find cheap flights and renew my passport. If not, Wembley it is. Maybe being the last one in the UK will mean he does something special, but he didn't in Manchester last time.

He also pretty much dismissed the idea of Dave coming back, which is a shame.

Yeah!

Roger Waters beat the little brat, Justin Bieber, by 20 places and $140m!

Take that Bieber!

Some of those ticket prices are disgusting.

(P.S. Roger Waters might have "beaten" Beiber but he was beaten by Madonna :p )

Dar said:
Some of those ticket prices are disgusting.

(P.S. Roger Waters might have "beaten" Beiber but he was beaten by Madonna :p )

They are EXTREME........$529.51 :eek:

Musical discussion? Can I say I dislike Daft Punk here without getting stabbed?