• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Queue time information

They look nice, though look a bit dark in that photo. The old ones were really bright especially at night and in fog. :)

They look nice, though look a bit dark in that photo. The old ones were really bright especially at night and in fog. :)

All things that light up look brighter in the dark as there is greater contrast. That photo is taken on a bright sunny day so the contrast is worse.

Another thing to think about...

Now we finally are getting these new boards, somebody should also be looking to replace the useless queue scrollers on Rita, Air, Nemesis and Oblivion with new simple digit signs like Smiler, Th13teen and Sub Terra have. This could also be extended across the park so all rides have a queue display at the entrance.

They need queue boards on all rides, it will help distribute guests especially if they advertise all queues in some way. I don't think people genuinely know Ripsaw, Blade, Duel, Twirling Toadstools, Marauders, Hex and Enterprise at times have quite short queues even on busy days. People rate their day on how many rides they get on, this will help them see that not everything has a 90min queue!

Heck for the rides like Toadstool, Blade, Enterprise and Ripsaw they could have a manual sign that can be rotated to the correct time - cheaper and easier to keep updated.

Definitely good to see Duel and Hex on the main boards now though.

All the queues which appear on the new boards are eventually getting the same boards as Cbeebies Land, including those like The Smiler I believe.

Not too sure about the rides with those small queues, yes they'd look good on the main queue board, however if you didn't put them on there then they don't exactly need one at the entrance cos you can tell the queue pretty much from walking past almost all of those.

don't mind having the boards if they are correct. Last time i went queue advertised for thirteen 30 min actual nearly 2 hours. No breakdowns. It was less time for the smiler.

however if you didn't put them on there then they don't exactly need one at the entrance cos you can tell the queue pretty much from walking past almost all of those.

Only if you are a geek, the general public don't really know how to assess a queue length and why should they, i have seen people say Ripsaw queue is an hour because people where on the bridge.

don't mind having the boards if they are correct. Last time i went queue advertised for thirteen 30 min actual nearly 2 hours. No breakdowns. It was less time for the smiler.

The old system only updated every 30min, if once the rides get the new entrance boards it turns out to have live updating hopefully it will be a bit more accurate.

New pic from TS FB of one of the queue boards

10451119_710107322393048_804056401948515648_n.jpg

Would be nice to have a larger board at the bottom of Towers Street or at least a few of the boards so that people aren't crowding around one small one. Any ideas if groundwork has been done for this area yet?

Could be perspectives but that one does look slightly larger than the on in X-Sector?

:)

I like the tardis blue. Now why didn't they have a white flashing light on the top to finish the affect. :D

All the new signs are the same size, but they are all different colours, the one in CBeebies Land is white, one near the towers is green, etc. It wouldn't surprise me if they got some signs added to them as they do look a bit blank at the moment, even if it was just the area name above it.

They are a big improvement on the old boards and do show more rides, the only thing I would say is that it could maybe move a little slower, espeically on pages where there are only a couple of rides, as you can miss it. Also it would be nice now they have a new system to add a few more rides on it, I would certainly add Ripsaw, Blame and Enterprise to it.

Hmmm... will be interesting to see these in person tomorrow.

Maybe would be good if they were touch screen, so you can swipe the screen and a new set of times come up.

There would be little point in something that large being touch screen. They are designed to be seen at a glance by hundreds of people walking past at any one time. They aren't designed so someone can walk up to it and change it around just so they can see what they want to see.

As pointed out - the app and ridetimes do that individual job already and use identical data to the new signs.

Having seen these in person today, I'm very impressed with the look of them, though one slight issue is that you have to be fairly close to be able to see them, and as they're lower down than the old ones people standing in front of them get in the way.

A couple of points:

Like on ridetimes.com, queues are sorted by increasing length, I think alphabetical would be better though.
There are 21 rides on the system, of which 7 are cbeebies land rides.
The non-cbeebies rides are split across 3 pages: with 6, 6 and 2 rides per page. I'd like to see them add 4 more to make up the numbers (probably Blade, Ripsaw, Enterprise and A.N.Other).
The screens are in fact touch screens, as we discovered when a staff member cleaned one and the cursor followed the cloth around.

Ok guys, point taken! :p

As previously mentioned, they do change far too quickly. They build in one by one by moving in from the sides, and when they're all on-screen, a couple of seconds later, they change, not leaving enough time to read what you want to see.

And where there's only 2 on one page, that really needs sorting out, as it looks a tad dire.