• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions

Towers season pass or MAP premium, what’s the difference? Do you get the discounts on food drink merch and hotels with towers pass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAP Premium:
- Early Ride Time
- 20% discount on merchandise, most food/drink outlets and discount on hotel restaurants/bars
- Entry for all days although may need to pay to guarantee entry for fireworks
- Fastrack vouchers and bring a friend vouchers (2 x £15 entry across Merlin parks)
- Lanyard and pop badge if you're into that sorta stuff
- Entry to other Merlin parks

Season Pass:
- No discounts on merchandise, hotels or food and drink outlets
- Discount on hotel stays
- No Early Ride Time
- Premium season pass includes car parking and entry over Scarefest/peak Summer
- £10 payment for each fireworks day
- Considerably cheaper

MAP Premium:
- Early Ride Time
- 20% discount on merchandise, most food/drink outlets, hotel rooms and discount on hotel restaurants/bars
- Entry for all days although may need to pay to guarantee entry for fireworks
- Fastrack vouchers and bring a friend vouchers (2 x £15 entry)
- Lanyard and pop badge if you're into that sorta stuff
- Entry to other Merlin parks

Season Pass:
- No discounts on merchandise, hotels or food and drink outlets
- No Early Ride Time
- Premium season pass includes car parking and entry over Scarefest/peak Summer
- £10 payment for each fireworks day
- Considerably cheaper
Cheers Craig! MAP seems much more worthwhile to me although nearly double the price

It is a lot more, but if you have a stay or two in the hotels, and spend money in the restaurants and bars (like we do...poor livers) then you soon make your money back on top of the extra perks.

It is a lot more, but if you have a stay or two in the hotels, and spend money in the restaurants and bars (like we do...poor livers) then you soon make your money back on top of the extra perks.
This is my thinking, planning to stay at least once this year and my hopefully April trip is three days with partner who hasn’t been so expecting to spend quiet a bit on merch and food so sounds like a plan :) also means when I eventually get down for a TS meet it’ll be more affordable :)

Cheers for the breakdown Craig!

How many trains can be in the maintenance bay on Wickerman at once? I think it’s just one but I’ve been told 2 but I don’t think there’s enough room in there for 2.

Has anybody ever renewed a MAP after the 8 week renewal period has expired?

It still seems to go through so.....my errr friend....gets the renewal price when they shouldn't

Said friend had until 29th of march to renew...but didn't because of covid:mad:

Entering your pass number on the website for renewals doesn’t instigate any actual checks by Merlin against expiry dates to see if you can have the offer. It’s just a box that is designed to have 18 digits entered into it.

That’s not to say they don’t do checks when you come to collect the renewed pass. But knowing Merlin, they probably don’t do that either.

Entering your pass number on the website for renewals doesn’t instigate any actual checks by Merlin against expiry dates to see if you can have the offer. It’s just a box that is designed to have 18 digits entered into it.

That’s not to say they don’t do checks when you come to collect the renewed pass. But knowing Merlin, they probably don’t do that either.

Dodgy ground then really

I might just wait for the next sale

When I bought a few bits online back in April I entered my expired MAP number (expired 20th March) as a test and it gave me 20% off. I left the site without ordering. Went back a week or so later and the items were still in the basket..Didnt notice the code was also still applied and I did get 20% taken off when I actually placed the order. Was more than happy to pay the full price but was only when I was looking at my confirmation email that I realised I'd got discount!

MAP expiry calculator is available here to find out because of covid-19 the new date when your MAP runs out

https://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/...GSAlTdreqtaL7y69776UXEXNq6S-jO-QF1y3CRmyIcK80

yeah i've seen that

But ours expired last day in january.....so we had until the end of march to renew to get at renewal price

My plan was to upgrade at towers on opening weekend so my date has passed....and merlin said i had to renew even though everywhere was on lockdown.....i didn't expect anything to open this year if i'm honest so i didn't bother

Which Hotel?

I'm looking to go Alton Towers with my daughter (she's 18), but instead of doing the trip in a day like we do multiple times a year, driving from Newcastle and back, I'm going to opt for staying in a hotel or whatever they have to offer.I've never stayed there before so I'm completely unaware of the range of accommodation and how it would suit us. Looking at the hotels, it seems quite kiddy. What would people recommend if we are wanting a bar, somewhere relaxing, quick access to food (probably do rollercoaster restaurant TBF) and breakfast. Are the enchanted gardens good, what do they offer for adults, is the Alton Towers hotel decent, are the rooms big enough so we have a bit of space as they seem quite cramped.

Any info from your experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S I can appreciate we might not get there this year for an overnight stay, but I'll use the info for when we do.