• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions

Sorry @DavidRock, I completely missed your question!

In terms of ERT, I’m not 100% sure, but I don’t think it is being run, as they are letting everyone into the park at 9am in order to allow them to get into ride queues before rides start at 10am.

As I said, though, I’m not 100% certain on that one, sorry…

Quick questions hope someone can answer.....

Are the park doing ERT for Pass Holders at the min (i know last year they were suspended)?

Also what is the price to reactivate your Coke Freestyle Refill this year and do we still get annual pass discount as I still have mine from last year?

Going to park a week on Friday so just thought I'd ask.

Cheers

No ERT at the moment. I guess it might return in 2022. This year the park has focused on longer opening hours into the evenings for all guests.

Drink refill prices are here, seems to be £8 for a reactivation if the website is correct.
https://support.altontowers.com/hc/...9577-Do-you-offer-a-refillable-drinks-vessel-

As far as I know, no. As @Matt N said, the turnstiles are opening at 9 for all guests currently in order to reduce congestion on the plaza.

Got my email about visit tomorrow and clearly states you can enter the park at 9am but not ride till 10am:

ARRIVE EARLY

Access from 9am

The monorail and entrance open at 9am. Arrive early, grab a drink and head to your favourite rides, ready for the fun to begin at 10am!​

Got my email about visit tomorrow and clearly states you can enter the park at 9am but not ride till 10am:

ARRIVE EARLY

Access from 9am

The monorail and entrance open at 9am. Arrive early, grab a drink and head to your favourite rides, ready for the fun to begin at 10am!​
I didn't get this email and I'm visiting tomorrow, should I be worried?!

No ERT at the moment. I guess it might return in 2022. This year the park has focused on longer opening hours into the evenings for all guests.

Drink refill prices are here, seems to be £8 for a reactivation if the website is correct.
https://support.altontowers.com/hc/...9577-Do-you-offer-a-refillable-drinks-vessel-
Will say this, whilst the site say's you don't need your receipt, KEEP IT, they will ask for the receipt if they have to reset the vessel for any reason (often timezone issues causing multi hour timeouts)

Quick questions hope someone can answer.....

Are the park doing ERT for Pass Holders at the min (i know last year they were suspended)?

Also what is the price to reactivate your Coke Freestyle Refill this year and do we still get annual pass discount as I still have mine from last year?

Going to park a week on Friday so just thought I'd ask.

Cheers
Annoyingly Alton don’t give you annual pass discount if you reactivate a coke freestyle cup. Even though Thorpe Park do . You do however get annual pass discount when you first buy the cup at towers.

Does anyone know how to get on the desktop version of the official Alton Towers website, I have been trying to book tickets/hotel and only just figured out that this is the issue.

Does anyone know how to get on the desktop version of the official Alton Towers website, I have been trying to book tickets/hotel and only just figured out that this is the issue.
It's best to book tickets on a PC or laptop if you have one. :)

The Alton Towers Holidays mobile website seems to work fine on my iPhone for hotel bookings and the Accesso one for park tickets. Not sure what you are trying to do but the mobile sites both appear to work. The Accesso one even takes Apple Pay.

The issue, is that 3D Secure is causing problems, I assumed that 3D Secure was just a phone thing, hence the assumption that I wasn't on the desktop website.
I only figured out the 3D Secure thing after I tried to book a day trip because the 3D Secure error you get when trying to book a stay just says, "we are experiencing an internal error" after some research, the solution is to just ask my bank to stop blocking payment.

The issue, is that 3D Secure is causing problems, I assumed that 3D Secure was just a phone thing, hence the assumption that I wasn't on the desktop website.
I only figured out the 3D Secure thing after I tried to book a day trip because the 3D Secure error you get when trying to book a stay just says, "we are experiencing an internal error" after some research, the solution is to just ask my bank to stop blocking payment.
Yes I had that earlier this year - an "internal error" showed - it turned out my bank blocked the payment because of the value (£160 for hotel stay), the fact it was Alton Towers and that it was about 11pm on a Saturday night. Worst thing was the text message the bank sent me asking if it was me making the payment required me to reply Yes or No. Trouble was, my phone wouldn't send the reply so ended up having to sort it all out over the phone with an actual human being!

I am not sure about Student Beans, but TOTUM (NUS) student tickets are bookable for half term (excluding Halloween weekend itself) for £25.

2RcCuKR.jpg

Been looking to book express car parking online for next midweek but no availability showing for any dates in Oct/Nov. Has it just been closed off for now does anyone know?

Days I'm going will be quiet so not a chance it's sold out.

It sells out much quicker these days. CBeebies Hotel guests now get free express parking so lots of the spaces are used by those guests, meaning less availability to book for others.