• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rank BPB''s coasters

OK I nicked the idea from the TP topic, but here goes:

1. Grand National
2. Icon
3. Nick Streak
4. Big Dipper
5. Revolution
6. Big One
7. Steeplechase
8. Avalanche
9. Blue Flyer
10. Infusion

1) Icon
2) Grand National
3) PMBO
4) Big Dipper
5) Revolution
6) Infusion
7) Nickelodeon Streak
8) Steeplechase
9) Avalanche
10) Blue Flyer

1. Icon
2. Nash
3. Steeplechase
4. Avalanche
5. Revolution
6. PMBO
7. Big Dipper
8. Nick Streak
9. Blue Flyer
10. Infusion

1.Icon
2.Nick streak
3.Revolution
4.Nash
5.Avalanche
6.Dipper
7.PMBO
8.Steeplechase
9.Blue flyer
Should be scrap: Infusion

1. Icon
2. Avalanche
3. Revolution
4. Streak
5. Dipper
6. Blue Flyer
7. Steeplechase
8. PMBO
9. Infusion
10. Grand National

This thread is almost making me feel sorry for PMBO despite that fact that it genuinely isn't very good. Also I think I still partially rate Nash on how good it should be rather than how good it actually is, but anyway:

Icon/Nash/Rev/Dipper/PMBO/Avalanche/Infusion/Nick Streak/Steeplechase/Blue Flyer

I don't hate Infusion.

Knew something was wrong but I wasn't awake enough to put my finger on it

Because Woodies and Steel are so very different it's hard for me to do a overall list, so I'm going to split it into two lists.

Wood
1) Nash( it was Mouse until this year)
2) Dipper
3) Streak

Steel
1) Icon
2) A tie between PMBO and Steeplechase
3) Rev
4) Avalanche

1. Icon
  2. Nickelodeon Streak
  3. Big Dipper
  4. Revolution
  5. Avalanche
  6. Blue Flyer
  7. Grand National
  8. Big One
  9. Steeplechase
  10. Infusion

1. The Big One
2. Wild Mouse
3. Grand National
4. Big Dipper
5. Icon
6. Steeplechase
7. Revolution
8. Avalanche
9. Nickelodeon Streak
10. Infusion
11. Blue Flyer

1. Icon
2. Nick Streak
3. Big Dipper
4. Grand National
5. Big One
6. Revolution
7. Avalanche
8. Steeplechase
9. Blue Flyer
10. Infusion

Out of the coasters that remain.....

1) Big One
2) Icon
3) Avalanche
4) Steeplechase
5) Big Dipper
6) Streak
7) Revolution
8) Infusion
9) Grand National
10) Ghost Train
11) Blue Flyer

Wow, Icon has shot straight to the top of some people's lists. As much as I like Icon, I can't categorically state that I instantly prefer it to the woodies which I've enjoyed for many years.

TL;DR . . .

1. Grand National
2. Big Dipper
3. Icon
4. The Big One
5. Steeplechase
6. Streak (formerly Roller Coaster / Velvet Coaster)
7. Revolution
8. Avalanche
9. Blue Flyer (formerly Zipper Dipper)
10. Infusion

Essay. . .

Top 5 are set in stone, though order can be interchangeable.

Nash is top on the premise that I am able to choose my seat as the wheel seats can be mega rough and rides can be downright unpleasant if you're in the wrong seat and get pinned by the lap bars. I can see why folk may dislike it, but for the sheer craziness of being near the back (row 8), getting pulled over those two double dips, and that last bunnyhop before the turn, the layout and the amount of laughter it generates, it just edges Dipper for me. Also I love the reactions of people who've been dragged on for the first time, when the coaster reveals itself as you near the top of the lift hill. I'm not sure what they were expecting, but the look of terror on the faces is hilarious.

Dipper Just a great ride, the oldest woodie in the park, 5 years off its Centenary. Very reliable, trumps Nash in terms of dispatch, there's something special about going round the teardrop at the top, seeing the snaking Grand Prix track below, if you're lucky catching Rev and Streak on the move (though sad no longer seeing Wild Mouse from the top). Great views of the other rides that you go over / under / through. The dive bend is great, and the lower dive in front of Big Blue as well. And if all this wasn't enough, you get a great concrete slab headchopper, and once in a blue moon the Icon train will pass over your head soon afterwards. Not much bad to say about this, and am somewhat surprised that people say its rough. I'm not crazy about the back row, but otherwise I love it.

Icon A bit early to choose where to place it really. It is a great fun ride even if it does peter out a bit in the second half. I hope there aren't too many reliability issues, as I've been a few times where it hasn't run at all, or has broken down during the day. The park was long overdue a new coaster though, and overall I think its a great addition to the park's lineup. The staff team have been superb and very efficient at dispatch. An option to exit back towards Big Dipper would have been nice.

The Big One I generally disagree with the 'glorified Monorail' people. Mostly brilliant ride and it will probably always be their flagship ride. Kind of over by the mid course brake run though. Helix onwards is somewhat boring, though I realised it had to get back to the station somehow. The sheer size of it is something to behold, and perhaps its only us old farts who truly appreciate how big a deal it was in 1994 to have a ride of this magnitude open here. Climbing the lift hill on my birthday a couple of years ago is an experience I'll never forget! For me, the messing about with sandbags, some days only being able to run one train, speedy pass etc, detracts from the experience. Some days I simply can't be bothered to wait for it. But when I do, I really enjoy it.

Steeplechase Ok, not the worlds most thrilling ride but there is just something about it that I love. I did it back in the day before moving onto the bigger coasters, and for me a visit isn't complete without riding it. Second half is a little boring, but at least we have Icon thrown into the mix now to liven that up. The racing aspect adds to the fun, as it does with Nash. A totally unique ride, which is actually true for the vast majority of BPB's rides. I probably had my first ride on this around 30 years ago!

The next three, I enjoy all of them but wouldn't be greatly upset if any of them are closed for the day when I visit, nor can I be bothered to queue for any length of time if its busy:

Streak A good, but not great ride, for me. Totally let down on busy days by one train operation, and a pain to get to since they removed the spiral stairs from by 'T' café. High season I won't go anywhere near it, but on quiet midweek days I'll try and get a few rides in. First drop is a bit rubbish, but it improves from there. Not a great deal to see from the ride. Some kiddy rides one side and a road the other. Great.

Revolution For some reason, this still scares me even after all these years. Legs like jelly after the climb, then the platform starts rattling as the train comes back. I do love how the track just drops away from underneath you. Unless you're on the front row, you don't really know when its gonna happen. Backwards loop makes my stomach go a bit. One ride a visit, max. If that.

Avalanche Different from most other rides in that it starts slow and builds momentum as it goes along. Good fun, but over too quick and if the queue's back and forth in the pens, I don't bother.

Blue Flyer
Ok, its a kiddy coaster but its still a historic woody, and was my first one. Gotta have a few rides per season if only for the smell of pizza & garlic bread as the train goes through Big Pizza Kitchen turnaround.

Infusion
The one coaster I genuinely wouldn't miss. Zero rides this season says it all. Being flipped around getting my head bashed whilst having a view of the seat in front, does nothing at all for me. Corkscrews at end make me feel sick and I can't wait to get off. Looks good over the water, but otherwise, no thanks.

Last edited: