• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rank the B&M hyper coasters

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. B&M hyper coasters are arguably among the most crowd-pleasing models a theme park can buy; even though most enthusiasts don’t seem to particularly like them anymore, they seem very popular in general, and can often provide a park with a real icon. There are now 17 B&M hyper coasters operating (including the gigas, excluding the SBNO one in China) across the world, so I’d be intrigued to know; out of the ones you’ve done, how would you rank this popular model?

I’ve only done one, Mako at SeaWorld Orlando. You all know my opinion on Mako very well by now, so I won’t bore you with it once again.

However, to keep things interesting, I decided to have a look at the B&M hyper coaster rankings on Captain Coaster (a site I’d highly recommend joining if you’re remotely into ranking and rating things, by the way!). Only 13 of the 17 are currently ranked on there due to ridership, but the ones that are ranked are currently ranked as follows (I’ve put the gigas in italics, as some might not want to rank them alongside the other B&M hypers, and they do look to provide a different sort of experience to the hypers):
  1. Fury 325
  2. Shambhala
  3. Mako
  4. Goliath (SFOG)
  5. Leviathan
  6. Behemoth
  7. Nitro
  8. Apollo’s Chariot
  9. Goliath (La Ronde)
  10. Diamondback
  11. Hollywood Dream: The Ride
  12. Silver Star
  13. Intimidator (Carowinds)
  14. Raging Bull
For a little more wide context, here’s the Captain Coaster list: https://captaincoaster.com/en/ranking/?filters[continent]=&filters[country]=&filters[materialType]=&filters[seatingType]=&filters[model]=47&filters[manufacturer]=&filters[openingDate]=&page=1

But how would you rank the B&M hyper coasters you’ve done? Do you agree with the Captain Coaster ranking of the ride type?
EDIT: Just realised I missed Diamondback...

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.