• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rank the B&M hypers you've ridden

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. As many of you may know, I absolutely love the B&M hyper I've ridden. When I rode it for the first time in August 2016, Mako blew me away as soon as we plunged down the first drop and over those amazing airtime hills! The 3 rides I had on Mako while in Orlando have really made me want to experience the other B&M hypers the world has to offer! But as I've only ridden one, I'd be interested to know; for those of you who've ridden more, how would you rank them? My ranking is relatively straightforward:
  1. Mako - An absolutely sensational ride experience from start to finish! Absolutely tons of incredibly strong sustained airtime, an awesome first drop, glass smooth and superbly rerideable! My present number 1 coaster, and it has been since August 2016!
But how would you rank your ridden B&M hypers? Do those of you who've also ridden Mako agree with me?

I've not thought about this too much before, but would probably go for:
  1. Nitro
  2. Shambhala
  3. Silver Star
  4. Apollo's Chariot
  5. Diamondback
  6. Raging Bull

1. Silver Star
2. Mako
3. Shambhala

I'll be adding Diamondback, Nitro and Raging Bull to that list after August.

Raging Bull looks pretty crap tbh.

I've done 10, Mako isn't one of them. I think the order goes something like this:

Fury 325
Shambhala
Nitro
Silver Star
Goliath (SFoG)
Diamondback
Apollo's Chariot
Intimidator
Hollywood Dream
Raging Bull

Nitro, Silver Star and Goliath (which I've only done once so I'm not sure about) are pretty much interchangeable on the list, as are Apollo's and Intimidator. They're all good though, Raging Bull not so much.

• Fury 325
  • Nitro
  • Shambhala
  • Goliath (SFoG)
  • Silver Star
  • Diamondback
  • Apollo's Chariot
  • Hollywood Dream
  • Intimidator
  • Raging Bull

Nitro is a very smooth and under rated coaster. I had a season pass when I lived in NYC for the year in 2009 and rode Nitro more than KK or El Toro in total. Probably double both. It was usually a small queue too every time I visited which I could never quite get my head around. Probably my fav B&M hyper actually.

My top 3:

1. Nitro
2. Shambhala
3. Silver Star

Shambala
Mako
Silver star

The only thing I will say is silver star has a better ending than both mako and shambala which both seem to die a bit in the final third of the ride.

Shambala
Mako
Silver star

The only thing I will say is silver star has a better ending than both mako and shambala which both seem to die a bit in the final third of the ride.
How come you rate Silver Star as your weakest hyper if the ending is better, out of interest? Is the first half a lot weaker than Mako and Shambhala?
For what it's worth:
1) Shambles
2) Leviathan
3) Silver Star
4) Behemoth
Behemoth in last is an interesting one; I always thought it looked like one of the best B&M hypers!

How come you rate Silver Star as your weakest hyper if the ending is better, out of interest? Is the first half a lot weaker than Mako and Shambhala?

Behemoth in last is an interesting one; I always thought it looked like one of the best B&M hypers!

Yeah both Mako and Shambala have far better first two thirds. Silver star is over trimmed.