• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rank the Intamin hyper/mega coasters

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. Intamin are arguably one of the most prominent hyper coaster manufacturers, with many great hyper and mega coasters under their belt; they've even made world award winners in the form of Bizarro at Six Flags New England and Expedition GeForce at Holiday Park! But surprisingly, TowersStreet doesn't appear to have a ranking thread for Intamin hyper and mega coasters, which I find very surprising given that B&M hypers have one, and most enthusiasts seemingly feel that Intamin hypers are far superior to B&M hypers. So now that Intamin hypers are beginning to rise in popularity again, with new heavyweights like Hyperion and Kondaa entering the hyper/mega scene after a few years' drought on the Intamin hyper front, I thought it might be a nice time to finally give Intamin hyper and mega coasters their own ranking thread (the reason I say "and mega" is due to things like EGF, Kondaa and Goliath, which are very Intamin hyper-like but aren't technically hypers).

I haven't ridden any Intamin hypers myself, so can't contribute, but how would you rank the Intamin hyper and mega coasters you've done?

Intimidator 305
Skyrush
EGF
Millenium Force
Goliath

Will be adding Kondaa to the list this year, and hopefully Hyperion before too long.

1. i305
2. Skyrush
3. EGF
4. Bizarro
5. Hyperion
6. Goliath
7. Flying Aces
8. Millenium Force
9. Thunder Dolphin

The top 3 and bottom 1 are definite, the rest I'd rank all pretty close tbh

1. i305
2. Skyrush
3. EGF
4. Superman the Ride (SFNE)
6. Hyperion
7. Goliath
8. Millennium Force
9. Thunder Dolphin

Very similar to Matt's really - the top 2 are some way ahead of the next two, which in turn are some way ahead of 5-8. Thunder Dolphin is by far the weakest of the ones I've done - the very definition of wasted potential as it goes down a massive drop into the brake run.

Piraten (Mega-lite) would probably sit around 5th, FWIW

Everyone's lists really does show how bizarre Millennium Force winning the best steel coaster Golden Ticket award for so many years was.

Indeed. If you like speed from a coaster then sure, it is great, that cannot be denied. But it offers little more than a lot of speed. It is highly regarded in the US though; I am currently reading a book about Cedar Point written by a former general manager and he is adamant that it is still the best coaster in the world.

Before my last visit to the states I would have ranked Skyrush number 1 but it didn't ride as well as I remembered on my last visit and i've become less tolerant to coasters that are too intense. i305 i've sat on for over an hour re-riding it and it's just the right level of intensity but not so much you wouldn't want to keep re-riding

1. i305
2. Skyrush
3. EGF
4. Coaster Through the Clouds
5. Superman the Ride
6. Bizarro
7. Millenium Force
8. Hyperion
9. Goliath
10. Flying Aces
11. Thunder Dolphin