• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

RCT classic - mobile

Hew878787

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
So after sitting in a fetal position on an Argos desk chair a couple of decades ago as a child for months playing this, I’ve downloaded the game on my phone and I’ve become addicted again.

One problem I’m having and not sure if it’s a bug or apart of the game is that after a while, some coasters stop moving. Asin there’s no half load/full load etc or no set waiting times in the station yet the guests will sit down but the train just sits there. Has any one else had this problem?

I have to shut the coaster and delete apart of the track and re add it and open it for it to start moving again which is annoying!

Can't say I've had that problem.

I feel like this game has gone under the radar slightly, no one ever talks about it. It's just as good as RCT2 and plays surprisingly well on a small screen.

I won't knock it, as I haven't tried it but playing such a game on a mobile screen sounds painful. It's bad enough playing the original game with a track pad instead of a mouse.

OpenRCT2 is hugely popular, hardcore fans of the series seem to gravitate to that.

I won't knock it, as I haven't tried it but playing such a game on a mobile screen sounds painful. It's bad enough playing the original game with a track pad instead of a mouse.

OpenRCT2 is hugely popular, hardcore fans of the series seem to gravitate to that.

Ah It’s really not that bad on a mobile once you get used to it. To be honest I rarely play games on a pc/laptop so it suits me on my phone when i can’t sleep or I’m on the train to work or whatever.

If I was on the laptop/PC I would prefer to play Parkitect but RCT classic on the mobile plays better than I thought it would. It can be difficult to spot vandalism and litter on the tiny screen, especially in busy areas.

I was a little disappointed that they couldn't get the license they used to have for the real life parks. I purposely fired up the PC version earlier this year to compare ~2001-2002 Walibi Holland to my visit this year (I'd say 2001 as Goliath was missing).

Out of curiosity I played RCT classic a bit last night and tried to replicate the bug. I didn't notice anything peculiar other than an insane amount of vandalism that would put PortAventura to shame.