• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Red Bull Stratos - Highest Skydive Record Attempt

The step and the hand rails made me chuckle! Like he was about to lower himself into a swimming pool or something, then he jumps, and in a second is 100s of feet down!

How do you do that??!

Did you see how he spun around about a minute into freefall? Seriously expected his emergency chute to open to steady him. Very brave!

I did. And at that moment all I was thinking was "IWANNAGO!"

He'll never get a rush like that again. It's quite tragic that he'll now turn to heroin.

Haha, I'm sure he won't! I can't wait to see the official figures regarding height and speed when they're released!

On a bit of a sad note, the amount of comments on the article on the BBC website slating him is awful. There really are some miserable old codgers out there.

There are far too many people with narrow-minded views regarding this kind of thing. It's a pity they don't use their energy to do something positive for what they believe in instead of sitting behind their computer, belittling these extraordinary events. Thank goodness these people don't run the world or mankind would never achieve anything.

Anyone that wasn't fortunate enough to watch it live, this is the whole thing from the capsule door opening through to when he's on the ground. I'm sure there will be many highlights packages produced of the whole thing (I look forward to seeing the footage from Felix's on board cameras although I'm not expecting the footage to be great) but nothing will quite capture the tension of watching it in real time.

Apologies for all the annotations, just turn them off, it's the only full version available on YouTube at the moment.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT1DhcQg0Os[/youtube]

It was amazing! When he opened the door it was really WOW!

I cannot believe how quickly he dropped when he jumped off the edge. Amazing. When is it my turn?

Cannot believe there are negative comments.

Not only did he risk his life, to achieve something remarkable, there were also scientific experiments performed, the data from which will help medical/atmospheric research and such like.

The man is a legend!