• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Resident Evil 4 Remake

STEJENT

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Any gamers here playing RE4 tonight?
I missed out on it originally as I was a bit of a S**tbag with scary games (still am really). It's just downloading now, but not sure how I'll fare with it. My confidence with horror games has grown over the last few years (usually spurred on by vodka for Dutch courage !) as I did beat RE8 when it came out and I love story driven games, which are most commonly horror.

It’s on my list to pick up, though I need to see how my Mac will hold up to running it… 😂

I adore the early Resi games and 4 is almost my favourite, beaten only by the original.

Was watching a review earlier today and I’m now interested to see first hand how Capcom have tried to refresh it with the new level layouts and tweaks.

I used to love the early RE games. RE 2 was the very first game I bought when I got a PS1 and it was absolutely astonishing. I can still vividly remember jumping out of my seat when I fell through the floor in the police precinct even though it must be nearly 25 years ago! That game was a masterpiece of atmosphere.

After that I played RE3, which was maybe the best of the early games, and then Code Veronica on the Dreamcast, and then Zero on the GameCube. I never really got on with the RE1 remake on the GC, the graphics were incredible but I always found it a very tough game compared to the others. But RE 4 was brilliant, you never forget the first time you get your head chopped off by the guy with the chainsaw and thinking “WTF just happened!”. I didn’t really follow the series much after that, I played a bit of 5 but didn’t enjoy it. I did consider playing RE7 on my PSVR but I found the demo a bit too terrifying for my liking! I suppose it was doing what it was meant to do very well in that case then.