• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Retrosquad on ride lists and area pages

Thameslink Rail

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Smiler
Hi, just starting this thread as this is what was suggested at the end of the old "I want" thread.
Just noticed that while the retrosquad have been removed from the ride lists, the area pages (Forbidden Valley and X Sector) still talk about them.

Thanks for info about the ride list and area pages - it was on our list of updates that need attention.

I completely understand the attention to detail, and I want to emphasise that this is not a case of oversight on our part - our to-do list is extensive, and while we're working to address all necessary updates, it might take some time.

It's crucial to recognise that the team here volunteers their time, often balancing TowersStreet responsibilities and duties with full-time jobs, families, and other pressing personal commitments, leaving only slithers of time to dedicate to tasks. Sometimes, unforeseen challenges like illness, work, family or life's difficulties can further impact our ability to work through all of these updates, even sometimes to start them at all.

We share a deep love for the site and are committed to ensuring it's at its best. However, it's important to acknowledge too that eager feedback about the site might not be the motivation it was perhaps intended to be.

We're just over a week into the closed season - and we're very aware that there are a number of pages that need updating at the end of season, start of season, events, and other key times throughout the year as they have always done year on year - rest assured we're very aware of those dates too and strive our best to get things done as soon as we can.

Of course, if it has been months and months since perhaps something should have been updated and clearly missed, then a friendly reminder may be welcome in that instance - but otherwise rest assured we're aware of all those key timings and updates required.

Thanks.

No need to apologise, just as I say it's important to remember we're all humans behind the site, and sometimes quite often things don't go to the glorious plans we lay out and make, and we have to play catch up as quickly as we can.

I perhaps also didn't explain very well too that we only have a very very few limited team members (ok, easier just to say basically 2 people) who can perform site updates, due to the complexities and tangle of tech we have that powers the current site.

We are addressing that with a new site that should be easier for more people on the team to carry out updates - and that is somewhere in the pipeline - but equally that is taking a lot longer than expected due to all the above reasons 😂