• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Access Pass and Disabled Access - 2024 Discussion

Even on the busiest day i think people get to go on more than 2 rides.

This is the system in place at other Merlin parks (Chessington and Legoland), it's not a solution in itself. Fraudulent use of time cards is only a small problem and hopefully is resolved by the new ticketing system until they can also go digital.

They are not suggesting a limit of 2 rides overall, it’s a limit of 2 goes on each ride.

I’m not a fan of that option as if you are sometime like @Ethan you might want to retire Smiler all day for some reason and that should be your right. But it’s still something some parks do.

I’m not a fan of that option as if you are sometime like @Ethan you might want to retire Smiler all day for some reason and that should be your right. But it’s still something some parks do.
You give me too much credit I rarely do Smiler all day it’s quite exhausting

They are not suggesting a limit of 2 rides overall, it’s a limit of 2 goes on each ride.

Ah ok, well that’s the other end of the scale in that it would likely achieve nothing. I don’t get the impression RAP queues are bad because so many people are doing multiple re-rides on the most popular attractions.

Sky-lion being an example of sorts as you only get ONE ride per visit and it’s by far the longest line, though it’s mixed with fast track.

Am I right in thinking skyride access is basically let RAP on and everyone else waits until it isn’t a queue? That’s a farce too.

From my experience a good staff member would take turns from each queue, whilst also making people share the pods as much as possible.

Unfortunately people are more often the problem. Definitely get a few moaning about having to share for reasons.

The 1 go per ride limit seems to work OK at Paultons. Maybe if you were so inclined to ride a particular ride multiple times you could "trade in" a go on something you're unlikely to ride (say Night Garden for Smiler).

Do agree that re-riders probably aren't the main issue, but the almost overselling nature and incorrect usage (I.e. abuse of the system and staff not filling cards up correctly) all add up.

does anyone know when you are entering your party size on RAP if it includes yourself or not?

reason I am asking this is because I might be visiting in a group of 5 but the size when booking only goes up to 4, if it doesn't include me that gives us three options

1. not use my rap (can't do)
2. leave one person out (don't want to do)
3. spilt off when going into queues and time it well

does anyone know when you are entering your party size on RAP if it includes yourself or not?

reason I am asking this is because I might be visiting in a group of 5 but the size when booking only goes up to 4, if it doesn't include me that gives us three options

It does include yourself. You can only take up to three companions with you on each ride, for a max of four.

Make sure your whole group is with you when you collect the timecard.

If you do have to use your RAP, not everyone has to go through the RAP line with you (if you're worried about leaving someone out). You could split the group into:
  1. You + 1 through RAP
  2. You + 2 through RAP
Both of these solutions leave everyone in your group, queuing in both queues, with a companion. Similar to how if one, or two, in your group wanted to pay for Fastrack and the others didn't.

If it's a ride without a notable queue and you can only access it via the RAP then i imagine the staff would be accommodating when approached.

I've seen them let in groups of 5 or 6 many times but that's unofficial and purely at the discretion of the staff member (who inevitably gets bulled into it).

I've seen them let in groups of 5 or 6 many times but that's unofficial and purely at the discretion of the staff member (who inevitably gets bulled into it).
So you're suggesting the guilt tripping and bullying of a staff member so that they break the rules for you? I'm not sure this is a particularly helpful or good idea.

So you're suggesting the guilt tripping and bullying of a staff member so that they break the rules for you? I'm not sure this is a particularly helpful or good idea.

It was an observation and I’m highlighting the negativity of it, which is the opposite of suggesting someone do it. Unless you think bullying is a positive? Didn’t realise that needed further clarification but happy to simplify if it’s still an issue for you.

Meanwhile Skyride confirmed closed for 2024:

From: https://www.instagram.com/p/C4Q4wdIMe5z/?igsh=Ym03dzFrOHZ2azk2

I believe today is the first day Legoland is open in the new RAP pre-book era. As a test I just looked to see if you can still log-in as usual without a reservation... and you can.
Whereas if you try booking from the actual website as requested, there shows no availability.

I could give them the benefit of the doubt that being an extremely quiet day they've simply left it open but considering last weeks mess can't say it fills me with confidence for upcoming visits. At the very least it seems to indicate that if you decide to visit on the day you will have no idea if you will have RAP access and if you were to follow the official guidance then you will no longer be able to make such visits.

Looks like they're now allowing people who already had a ticket booked for Towers opening day before the RAP booking window opened to have a RAP for the day, if you contacted them in the past few days on an email address they gave out (too late now, I think). So, RAP queues probably will still be busy on Saturday. If only they wouldn't have allowed people to book from midnight, they probably would have got away with it...

If only they wouldn't have allowed people to book from midnight, they probably would have got away with it...
I believe they'd still be in this position, if only because they didn't open the RAP portal at the same time as allowing passholder / ticket purchases. I'm aware that going forward, you need to check for RAP availability before booking your ticket, but on this occasion it wasn't possible. Regardless of the portal going live at midnight, you were always going to end up with people that had made plans, and purchases, who then couldn't get a RAP pass and had to cancel.

I'm more surprised that it's taken them this long to organise a response, or that someone didn't foresee the issue and have a plan for the worst case scenario.

Looks like they're now allowing people who already had a ticket booked for Towers opening day before the RAP booking window opened to have a RAP for the day, if you contacted them in the past few days on an email address they gave out (too late now, I think). So, RAP queues probably will still be busy on Saturday. If only they wouldn't have allowed people to book from midnight, they probably would have got away with it...

Will be interesting to see how the following weekend compares as it's also "sold out", meaning it'll likely be a truer representation of the new system (assuming they've also not had to honour bookings beyond opening day).

Do you have a copy of the email that was sent out or is this speculation? It seems that *an* email was sent out but has been recalled due to incorrect information