• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Access Pass and Disabled Access - 2024 Discussion

I'd imagine as well the Southern parks can be a lot more "on a whim" booking than Towers is for many.

Plus of course the new additions aren't open yet, which has likely contributed. Can book Thorpe for tomorrow but not Fri/Sat, yet the next booked out days are Hyperia's opening.

Every time I’ve ever visited AT there’s been someone at the end of the guest services queue handing out RAP cards so you don’t have to join that queue.
Not any more, with the prebooks they have to type the number into the system. 🤦‍♂️

Blimey, can't say that I am particularly looking forward to our visit to AT next week. We are going to have some eventful RAP queue waits if the situation is still the same.

They didn’t for me, she just asked to see our access card and looked at the email on my phone.
You did visit during the "we screwed up" period though (second weekend of the season, first weekend of the holidays, if memory serves?), the suspension of pre-book RAPs is still in place until after the holiday period. I would imagine this is why they had someone handing out cards at the end of the queue when you visited.

You did visit during the "we screwed up" period though (second weekend of the season, first weekend of the holidays, if memory serves?), the suspension of pre-book RAPs is still in place until after the holiday period. I would imagine this is why they had someone handing out cards at the end of the queue when you visited.
My friend visited today and there was no one handing out the time cards at the back of the queue. Everyone had to wait til they got to the counter.

Arrive early at the park for opening time and go straight to a guest services hub before other people have had a chance to form long queues. Alternatively, roll in at 10.30 a.m during the Easter holidays and unsurprisingly there will be queues for things. Especially for over-subscribed RAP passes which afford you at least your first ride of the day not being timed out (potential for walk-on first ride if there is no large RAP queue in front of you for that first ride).

The early bird catches the worm, and all that.

Has anyone used the CWOA or Lego system since the change? Does it link automatically to your account so you can log in at any time like before or do you have to verify the booking at Guest Services now? Hoping the former as the latter would be a real step backwards, as per the above AT anecdotes.

Has anyone used the CWOA or Lego system since the change? Does it link automatically to your account so you can log in at any time like before or do you have to verify the booking at Guest Services now? Hoping the former as the latter would be a real step backwards, as per the above AT anecdotes.
I haven't myself but looking into things, it works exactly like if you pre brought reserve and ride, it issues an entitlement (to the rap loqueue product) to the email address you use for the pre-book *not* the email address on the pass.

Yeah, login as normal and activate. If you haven't pre-booked you can't activate.

A little off topic perhaps but I also think it ties in with what we are seeing with RAP.

NHS cannot meet autism or ADHD demand, report says https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-68725973

A diagnosis is enough to qualify for RAP under the current system rather than an inability to queue for long periods and with that level of increases it’s no wonder we are seeing RAP struggle to cope.

Adding capacity limits will potentially make it functional but with demand only likely to increase, it’s going to become increasingly difficult to obtain a slot. I wouldn’t be surprised if a limit on visits is implemented in the future.