• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability 2018

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
For example: take Th13teen. This ride can, in theory, achieve 1,400pph. With the new baggage situation, it's probably down to around 1,100. But even then, not bad. However, add in the sheer volume of Wicker Man fastracks being dished out due to that ride being closed for whatever reason - and everyone makes a route straight to Th13teen. Also, because Th13teen opens late (11am), and there are frequent breakdowns, these people are then shoved through the ride in less hours than a full day. This means the main queue time is horrendous.

We also need to remember that since 2015, the park has seen cut after cut. In 2016 and 2017, the park managed because guest numbers were stubbornly low post-incident. However, this year we're seeing higher numbers. Not the numbers we'd have seen a typically good year (e.g. 2010) - but higher numbers nonetheless. And due to the cuts... the park simply cannot cope.
According to RCDB, 1,100 riders per hour is actually the theoretical throughput that Thirteen was designed to hit, so this is actually pretty good, even with the baggage system. Although I have heard 1,200 in other places.

If you had to guess @AstroDan, would you say that the park this year is as busy as we'd typically see in a bad normal year e.g. 2012, if you get what I mean?

Towers are responding to complaints with this reply today:

"Today only, present your ticket, Season Pass or Annual Pass to the turnstiles team, and we’ll give you a free ticket to visit again on a day of your choice, to enjoy even more fun and thrills."

Never known things to be so bad they have to basically give people free tickets to come back again in the future!

I know they’re trying to rectify the problems- but seriously?! What good is a free ticket when you already have an annual pass? Can’t see people being overly impressed with that!

The answer will be to give the ticket to a friend and share the "fun" with them, that's what they said when it was pointed out at Thorpe last year when they were doing the same thing.

According to RCDB, 1,100 riders per hour is actually the theoretical throughput that Thirteen was designed to hit, so this is actually pretty good, even with the baggage system. Although I have heard 1,200 in other places.

If you had to guess @AstroDan, would you say that the park this year is as busy as we'd typically see in a bad normal year e.g. 2012, if you get what I mean?

Th13teen achieved 1,440pph on opening weekend. Ignore RCDB.

And re: how busy the park is, I don't really know. It's certainly better thus far than 2016 and 2017.

One of the problems I feel Alton has is the lack of flat rides. They absorb 2/300 people who would otherwise be in a coaster queue. They also usually require just 1 or 2 staff to run.

If more than 1 or 2 coasters go down at one time, the ride's open are hellish.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.