• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

They know that they are in a flat ride crisis now and enterprise and blade were the only ones left. I’m sure that if they have removed enterprise they will definitely replace it with something else. They wouldn’t remove a ride when that was the last ‘major’ flat ride left and not replace it. I can see a flat ride package comming from some manufacturer. Personally I’m saying 3 ride package with 2 in x-sector and 1 in forbidden valley
As a minimum yes, but let’s face it - the park needs 7 or 8 really.

They know that they are in a flat ride crisis now and enterprise and blade were the only ones left. I’m sure that if they have removed enterprise they will definitely replace it with something else. They wouldn’t remove a ride when that was the last ‘major’ flat ride left and not replace it. I can see a flat ride package comming from some manufacturer. Personally I’m saying 3 ride package with 2 in x-sector and 1 in forbidden valley
The thing is, i think they would remove the last major flat and not replace it. This is a company who has failed to replace all other major flats. Expect 4 retro squad members next year, they’ll think next years investment of Duel is enough and won’t warrant replacements. I don’t know this of course, but I’d heavily suggest it based on previous track record.

Ride availability seems to be in the pits again. They've had 3 rides closed all day alongside Hex (Duel, Funk'n'Fly, Thirteen). I'm not sure why things are having so many issues this year.

The thing is, Duel alone should be enough but they've let it go so far it isn't. This is why the availability is felt more too by the lack of rides and even then plenty of the ones there aren't worth bothering with as the queues get silly.

Why did they even centralise it? Why do the cameras on the Nemesis lift need to be viewed anywhere other than the Nemesis station.

All it does it creates a single point of failure, as seen here.

Why did they even centralise it? Why do the cameras on the Nemesis lift need to be viewed anywhere other than the Nemesis station.

All it does it creates a single point of failure, as seen here.
I would assume it's so that Security can view/monitor it from the control room.

I would assume it's so that Security can view/monitor it from the control room.
Why? What are they going to do? Phone the operator and say the guest on the train that has already left the lift was on their phone?

Why? What are they going to do? Phone the operator and say the guest on the train that has already left the lift was on their phone?

Just thinking out loud. Could it be linked to The Smiler incident and the fact that train sat there stalled with no one realising? If control have sight of CCTV it’s another pair of eyes?

But obviously they can’t see everything at once, but if a ride goes down someone could have a scan of the relevant cameras from the central control room.

How embarrassing. Wonder if they spotted the potential for a single-point failure when they "upgraded" the cameras a few years back but went ahead anyway...

Looking on Twitter there's a few tweets referring to card payments not working too, so it appears this was a wider IT network outage, rather than something specific to the CCTV system. If I were to speculate it would be that even if local viewing was available on the ride, there's likely an insurance requirement following The Smiler for CCTV footage to be recorded when rides are in operation. As that's now IP based, it either goes out to the cloud or over to a central server, so that was probably knocked out as well. So no recording=no ride operations. Either that, or access to the CCTV system on the rides is handled by the central server/cloud and as a result they got locked out locally too. Either way, not great!

Sounds like some investment is needed on infrastructure and some proper contingency at the resort, as twice in a week isn't a good look. Card payments going down hasn't exactly been a rarity in the past either.

The park have activated their "visit again for free" policy to return on any date this season except for fireworks. Still a kicker for those who've spent a fortune on fuel to visit today though!

I doubt very much that the card payments situation has anything to do with the CCTV. I can't think of a single reason why CCTV and Electronic Point of Sale equipment and EFT payments would be connected to any server involved in the operation of the CCTV. Card payments going down can be for a number of reasons, not just Towers, I probably see them go down on average every 8-10 weeks. Sometimes it's a server issue, but most of the time it's usually the banks.

I doubt very much that the card payments situation has anything to do with the CCTV. I can't think of a single reason why CCTV and Electronic Point of Sale equipment and EFT payments would be connected to any server involved in the operation of the CCTV. Card payments going down can be for a number of reasons, not just Towers, I probably see them go down on average every 8-10 weeks. Sometimes it's a server issue, but most of the time it's usually the banks.
If there are network issues then this can knock out anything that may possibly require internet. CCTV and card payments included.