• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

You can come back to this post and put me in line if I go against my promise but from now on I will simply think before I speak.
Saves link for prosperity...

I may have missed it, but is there knowledge of the cause of the skyride being down? I imagine any fault found in the cable would require a big old order with a long lead time, but these things are usually replaced to a schedule well with any life expectancy.

Saves link for prosperity...

I may have missed it, but is there knowledge of the cause of the skyride being down? I imagine any fault found in the cable would require a big old order with a long lead time, but these things are usually replaced to a schedule well with any life expectancy.
The fact that most if not all of the cars are sat outside the maintenance shed (I think they still are?) points to there perhaps being a problem with the machinery in there or the system for transferring them to the main system?

The fact that most if not all of the cars are sat outside the maintenance shed (I think they still are?) points to there perhaps being a problem with the machinery in there or the system for transferring them to the main system?

It just seems strange to me that such a distant expected opening date was given so far in advance. I would have thought most mechanical things would be able to be overcome well within that time.

The bit that makes no sense with it being shut for any reason except being broken is you'd put the pods in the storage shed to keep them out of the elements and have them ready for use.

Does anyone else think the skyride is closed purely to save money ?

Thought just crossed my mind
Nope
The bit that makes no sense with it being shut for any reason except being broken is you'd put the pods in the storage shed to keep them out of the elements and have them ready for use.
Unless the problem is with the Gondolas themselves, particularly if you wanted to get to the mechanism that suspends them from the cable.

Edit: missed the "except being broken" part

Does anyone actually know why it’s shut? You hear rumours with Hex; etc but I’ve not really heard anything about this closure except for someone claiming it will be shut until July - but nothing actually about what the problem is

Cynicism time - could it be a deliberate play for capacity management?

Longer journeys across the gardens eating up more of the day.
Discourage guests from going to Forbidden Valley so much (where they are massively down on capacity with Nemesis gone, Air wounded and Subterra yet to reopen).

Not to mention 8(?) less people per day to pay and however much it costs to run.

During one of the extended fire caused closures, 2003 I think, there were rumours that beverage revenue rose significantly while the ride was out too. Quite possibly bollocks but throwing it out there...

Again, doesn't make sense to have the pods scattered, would make more sense to keep them out of the way. There's even some next to one of the Nemesis access roads, where I imagine they really don't want them

Again, doesn't make sense to have the pods scattered, would make more sense to keep them out of the way. There's even some next to one of the Nemesis access roads, where I imagine they really don't want them
What's the explanation then? Presumably even if there was a totally valid unexpected safety issue blocking reopening, surely they'd move the gondolas somewhere convenient?

I suggest it's perhaps not as inconvenient as you think. Perhaps, running with the 'planned temporary closure' theory for just a minute (which I'm not entirely convinced of, for clarity!) the park's engineers haven't even started doing whatever they'd usually do in the closed season to prepare for the start of the season; ergo it's been deliberately deprioritised?

I can well believe they don't have the engineers but that has been an ongoing issue for years, but this year with less rides to look after it seems odd it'd be gone for that reason.

Does anyone actually know why it’s shut? You hear rumours with Hex; etc but I’ve not really heard anything about this closure except for someone claiming it will be shut until July - but nothing actually about what the problem is

I have heard one account of why it's shut, which is what I alluded to in my last post regarding defects in several of the arms that suspend the Gondolas.
Can't be 100% sure it is correct, but that is my current understanding.

If you look to the left (through the trees) after passing magic HQ when walking towards the park entrance you can see what appears to be several pallets stacked with gondola hangers outside the skyride garage. My assumption when I first saw them was that they were new and had arrived on the pallets but it's also possible they've been removed for annual inspection.

Here now with the kids being off school due to the teachers strikes. We knew Wickerman would be down but only to have Smiler open at park opening for the thrill rides is a joke. Luckily I have the young one with me and we managed to get on Thirteen when it opened at 10.30. my eldest and his friend have done just me Smiler and Oblivion in 1hr 30 and now Rita and Thirteen are 70 mins each.

Here now with the kids being off school due to the teachers strikes. We knew Wickerman would be down but only to have Smiler open at park opening for the thrill rides is a joke. Luckily I have the young one with me and we managed to get on Thirteen when it opened at 10.30. my eldest and his friend have done just me Smiler and Oblivion in 1hr 30 and now Rita and Thirteen are 70 mins each.
It is frustrating when things are not open at 10am like they should be but unfortunately AT get away with that in their T&Cs don't they which is annoying. Seems to be random at the moment though rather than faults, I was in the park at 9:45 the other week and Wicker Man's main queue line was open and I had done my first ride by 10am on a normal admission. Think they just make it up as they go to be honest.

It is frustrating when things are not open at 10am like they should be but unfortunately AT get away with that in their T&Cs don't they which is annoying. Seems to be random at the moment though rather than faults, I was in the park at 9:45 the other week and Wicker Man's main queue line was open and I had done my first ride by 10am on a normal admission. Think they just make it up as they go to be honest.
Luckily we're pass holders so we go with the flow but there are a lot of people here I guess aren't and I would be pissed by the service on offer. Why not extend the day by an hour due to the horrendous queue lines?

Wickerman, Spinball and obviously Nemesis not open on a day everyone was expecting too be quite busy?