• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Music Poll

Which ride has the best soundtrack?

• Other

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Thirteen

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Oblivion

Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Nemesis

Votes: 25 20.5%
  • Hex

Votes: 41 33.6%
  • Flume

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Duel

Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • Air

Votes: 9 7.4%

• Total voters
It's got to be Hex. It is a versatile and the most fitting piece and works well following Jim Carter's dulcet tones.

Oblivion shortly follows with the LoD creeping in adding to the fear for the ride.

Pitstop don't make bad music but Tussauds will always reign supreme with their magic circling their tunes.

I voted for Hex, It's a Masterpiece and fits in with the ride so well. Close contenders are Air and Duel are sounding Awesome in general :D

And there's no denying it, the best soundtrack on a former ride was Toyland Tours

I always hate this question. I'm always able to narrow it down to Air and Oblivion's theme, but am stuffed from there. But then again Hex and Duel..

I voted for Oblivion, because the bass drops are win. :)

It's a toss up between Nemesis and Hex but I think Hex has the edge, it's a quite brilliant orchestral track which suits the video and ride incredibly well. Don't think we'll see themes of that like ever again :(

It took me a while to decide on this! I ended up going with The Flume because it's a nice change to all the other themes, always puts me in a good mood and suits the ride. I still like all the themes and I'd probably think something else if I spent longer on it. :-\

Nemesis for me, it just creates such an atmosphere around the whole area.

2nd for me would be Hex as it's such a good piece of music, but I do like Airs theme and thats why it's my ringtone. ;)

Quite a hard choice for me between Hex, Duel and Air. But it has to be Hex - it fits so well with the ride!

Undoubtably Hex, with Charlie a close second. :)

Would I be correct in saying that Hex is the only piece of music at Towers which was recorded live? I once heard a rough figure of its cost from someone at Chessington - who quoted somewhere in the range of £40,000, with a full orchestra.

Charlie has a really great sense of mystery to it which few other themes at Towers seem to have. I wonder what Thirteen's audio could have been like if it used similar melodies to those in Charlie.

I love the overall package Hex has, the ambient music is great in the queue line mixed with the videos, and then the main music is very well written. It certainly makes the ride feel very powerful.

However one that most people dont think of is Charlie (probably because the ride is a bit crap), but the main music is really good and I feel it fits the ride very well. I would say its one of the best bits of the ride. Its not quite as good as it was when the ride opened and the voice/singing worked with the audio, as now its all abit of of time. But the music on its own without the talking is great.

So im going to vote for Charlie!

Hex for me by far. Catchy, atmospheric and suits the ride perfectly.

I don't quite understand all the love for the Nemesis theme tune. To me it sounds a bit clunky and convoluted almost like it's trying to avoid copyright infringement even though it doesn't sound that much like anything else.

Some of my favorite Alton music isn't on the list probably because it's not in use anymore and isn't for rides. But Toyland Tours, the old Katanga Canyon music and of course all of the old Towers Street music were all fantastic.

Almost forgot, I found the farmyard music really catchy and fun yet it rarely gets a mention when it comes to departed music (I assume it's gone, I haven't been there in years).

Number 1 track on park for me has to be the old Resort Overview track which used to play in the Monorail stations up until this year (Though occasionally it does reappear :p ). It's such a catchy track which really gets you in the mood for fun at the beginning of a day. It also creates a nice feeling at the end of the day when you're returning to the hotels, especially Splash as it fits in so well!

Other close contenders in this order are:

Duel
Hex
Charlie
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Air

Whilst Merlin have been able to implement some good tracks around the park during their time at Alton Tussauds and their composers shall always reign supreme. They had the ideas and theatrical vision to create a truly magical feeling no matter what the theme may be. They could make you laugh, make you cry, strike fear into your heart, get the adrenalin pumping, or let you relax and unwind. They could do it all, and their music and creative influence is one of the things I miss most at the park these days :(

CGM said:
Hex for me by far. Catchy, atmospheric and suits the ride perfectly.

I don't quite understand all the love for the Nemesis theme tune. To me it sounds a bit clunky and convoluted almost like it's trying to avoid copyright infringement even though it doesn't sound that much like anything else.

Some of my favorite Alton music isn't on the list probably because it's not in use anymore and isn't for rides. But Toyland Tours, the old Katanga Canyon music and of course all of the old Towers Street music were all fantastic.

Almost forgot, I found the farmyard music really catchy and fun yet it rarely gets a mention when it comes to departed music (I assume it's gone, I haven't been there in years).

The Nemesis theme is one of the best crafted of all of them. Those high pitched downward string acciaccatura's imposed over the powerful low droning brass 6ths are absolutely original - I've never heard anything like it anywhere else - it's also one of the most memorable as a leitmotif.

The Thirteen's is awesome, it is the most atmospheric I think, but Nemesis has stood the test of time also.

There's something seriously, seriously wrong with that list.

Where's Toyland Tours?? Also, is it possible to choose the beautiful Towers Street music from early 00s?

:( I'm so outside of the box that I wouldn't fit on a supermarket shelf.

Failing my actual favourites, I guess I'll go with Air :) a tingly, infectious little tune that has me humming along every time! Hex is indeed wonderful, but Air makes me ears prick up :D. Also, I have fond memories of the track when it was first sent to me :).

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk