• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride/Park Accidents

It reminds me of the time a similar thing happened on Drayton Manor's Vekoma Ranger (Skyflyer) around 2002. After the ride went around and around for 20 minutes after all controls failed, engineers cut the power to the ride, resulting in a further half hour until the ride came to a stop using no power. They usually use mechanical assistance to stop the ride, something not available with no power. To say people were green when coming off was an understatement.

Any information on the ride involved?
It was Adrénaline, the park's "skycoaster". I've no idea if it's an official version or not (it's not listed on the Wiki page). Considering the pretty hefty failsafes built into official Skycoasters I'd be intrigued to know how the whole thing happened, especially if it is one of theirs.

1607411-l-adrenaline-l-attraction-qui-a-fait-deux-victimes-dans-l-herault-dimanche-6-aout.jpeg

Time Machine stalled at HPWW last year, with the car in front (empty) valleying. The staff happily climbed the track unharnessed to pull the winch from under the main lift to connect to the stalled car. It'll be fine.

Wow... Magic Carpets are powerful rides to be ejected from. Could end up at Thorpe Farm if that happened on Quantum.