• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rides you DON'T like Why? How could it be improved?

James said:
Rita for me.

It's far too dominating and overrules any ride/attraction behind it. Even with Th13teen it is still tucked behind the area with Rita taking stage. It could have been improved in 2010 by knocking down the buildings opposite Rita and giving the area a new infrastructure/landscape, forcing the flow of guests towards the other end of the area first and making sure more of a focus was on Th13teen.

Sadly they did not do that. It ruins the area. I don't even find it that much of an exciting ride so welcome the day it gets removed or relocated from that area.

I have to agree that Rita does dominate the landscape. It would be nice if the entire area could be remodelled in some way. I think it would have been good is more focus could have been on Thirteen whilst keeping the ride fairly hidden. I'm not a fan of the way the ride appears, makes a turn and disappears up a lift hill. The ride would, in my opinion, have been a lot better if they'd have launched it.

Don't think I dislike any rides at alton towers but there's a few that need to be improved/updated in the sense that they need to be cleaned/painted but surly towers have scheduled time to retheme areas in the near future

josht said:
Don't think I dislike any rides at alton towers but there's a few that need to be improved/updated in the sense that they need to be cleaned/painted but surly towers have scheduled time to retheme areas in the near future

Not even CATCF!!?!?!? ;)

For me it's CATCF and Marauder's Mayhem. It's not the fact it's a spinning teacups attraction, but more the fact it seems nigh impossible (in my experience anyways) to get a decent spin going. Certainly not to the speeds of Zamperla's Rainforest Rescue ride in Blackpool.

Oh, forgot one.

Rita.

Did it once, decided I REALLY don't like launches.

So I created my own solution and haven't been on it since.

I bet you would be fine with magnetic launch rides, such as Blue Fire or Rock n Rollercoaster.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Just the one that I actually hate:

Enterprise

It's not a ride; it's torture!
I threw up on it once, and got really dizzy after going on it again, feeling very faint.
It's unbearable!

AstroDan said:
I bet you would be fine with magnetic launch rides, such as Blue Fire or Rock n Rollercoaster.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Wait, there's a difference in launches?? I shall investigate via Youtube...

Longy said:
Just the one that I actually hate:

Enterprise

It's not a ride; it's torture!
I threw up on it once, and got really dizzy after going on it again, feeling very faint.
It's unbearable!

I must be a rare breed of theme park goer, I love Enterprise, but I do get dizzy on it too so feel your pain there.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, just because it's so dull it actually hurts. They could have done so much more with the IP.

Enterprise is a great ride. The only problem with it, is that it's too slow. What they should do is, after it has lowered back down, crank the speed UP for a minute of hardcore Gs! :D

M1ke said:
josht said:

Not even CATCF!!?!?!? ;)
Nah not really theres better rides in the world but it still gets queues it must be doing something for some people but tbh every new ride are going have people who dislike them

I don't like Submission.

Why? It's an unpleasant experience, and the most painful flat ride I have done.

How could it be improved? Relocating it to a scrap-heap

;)

Enterprise - I used to like it, but now it's feeling rough, rocks you around and painful G-force. The new pait job has made it more appealing so just paint the queueline to to ease the eye! Other than that, I can't see anymore realistic improvement.