• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rita Tunnel

Ben said:
I wonder if the H&S bods would implode if someone walked into the scaffolding and hurt themselves.

Oh don't worry they've thought of that! All the poles are covered in rubber foam like stuff. Doesn't hurt at all if you walk into it (I may have tested this out the other week! :p ).

:)

Whatever purpose the tunnel serves, it is utterly appauling and embarrassing that the UK's 'Number 1 theme park' believe that scaffolding serves as a good theme while being practical at the same time.

If I want to see scaffolding I'll go to a building site - not a theme park where I expect fun and escapism.

Now four of the rides (Hex, Thirteen, Rita, Sub-Terra) use scaffolding as part of their theme. WHAT. THE. HELL.

Anyway I'm just off to the docks so I can have a great day out having a look at some shipping containers.

Anyone know how long this tunnel is going to be here, or s this going to be a permanent "solution" like the prison style fencing now used in Tomb Blaster's queue? :(

I thought that tunnel was only there because H&S didn't feel that it was safe enough for the public to walk under and only told Towers a few days before park opening, hence why it was rushed?

I do hope something is done with it soon though...

Slugjc said:
Just see it as this. go to any race track and you'll see alot of scaffolding.Problem solved
>:D

But we not at a race track, went under it twice today and got wet both times.

Slugjc said:
Just see it as this. go to any race track and you'll see alot of scaffolding.Problem solved
>:D

Yea, if anything the tunnel is the most logical bit of themeing in the area... I miss UgLand...

I am waiting for the great air tunnel line from Mr Wardley. you know what I cant wait any longer

"Get a life" ;)

:D :D

Dont say that. They will be manning it with staff now for the rest of the season. Staff that should be on the ride platform helping get the throughputs up.

More staff would probably slow throughputs down even more, if Chessie is anything to go by.

I think it's an excellent piece of theming and fits into the dark forest perfectly, goes hand in hand with th13teens station! Plus if you squint it looks like a rickety cabin in the woods...lets face it you're more likely to find this in the forest than a painted flintstone building....hats off to merlin I say! ;)

kind of relevant but i havent been to the park this year.

Is this really as bad as the pictures show? Also, is the Dark Forest theming really that poor now the Ug land stuff can be seen. Shocking if so

Haven't seen the tunnel so can't comment (though I guess it must look pretty crap)

However Ug Land paintwork was showing through early on last season, so by now it must be pretty damned noticeable... I remember it being most visible from the Skyride.

JB1985 said:
kind of relevant but i havent been to the park this year.

Is this really as bad as the pictures show? Also, is the Dark Forest theming really that poor now the Ug land stuff can be seen. Shocking if so

The scaffolding is literally just like the stuff you see on the side of buildings etc. it really doesn't look pretty at all I'm afraid :(

As for the old Ug stuff coming through, I can't say I've actually noticed any really.