• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rock Band DLC to end, what's your wish list?

DiogoJ42 said:
I had drum lessions when I was about 14, though I sucked at the time and eventually gave up. But since getting RB I rediscovered my love for hitting things.
A few years ago now, I was working on a gig, and sat down at the drums, and played about a bit. Nothing fancy, but my fellow techies were very impressed, so I guess I must have picked up a few things from playing the game! :p
(Disclaimer: I am in no way claiming to be able to drum for real, before Bear jumps on me ;) )

If you are interested here is my kit:
307497_195558100515055_2104426537_n.jpg

WHAT?!

That is nearly the size of my now apparently (worryingly) vintage Premier APK Jazz kit!

I haven't played in 6 years bar one solitary little jam session since I gave up the live shizzle, and I have been yearning for an electric kit - some of the semi-pro electrics don't look as impressive as that, it's ridiculous dude!

Mate, I am gatecrashing your house when I am next down that way for serious jams! That is where the line of computer/real instruments becomes blurred.

Though I like the sound of those new games you plug a real guitar into like Rocksmith, I quite fancy getting the old axe out for a bit of that ;D

The problem with playing a guitar or drums, is when you get on these games, you try to play to the same standard on the game and end up falling over, getting tangled in your instruments, nearly breaking your hand, or other such nonsenses. ;D

This thread has made me wanna play Rock Band again. So that's what I'm gonna do. By myself. With a bottle of wine. I'm not crazy, I promise :p

Anything but the Harlem Shake... like every other Rock Band fan that has no sanity is requesting.

Rainbow - Since You Been Gone
Muse - Supremacy (mainly for the EPIC bass line)
Muse - Time Is Running Out
Queen - These Are The Days Of Our Lives

Ok, so the last two weeks of Rock Band DLC have been announced. Next week is as follows:

Chevelle – Send the Pain Below
Chevelle – The Red
Chevelle – Face to the Floor

And the final track to grace the Rock Band platform?

Don McLean – American Pie

I don't particularly know Chevelle...at all. But I think American Pie is a very fitting song to end on. It's gonna be the full 8 minute version, too.

Interestingly, Dance Central 3 DLC is ending that week too. It looks like all this is because of Harmonix making the move to the next generation, rather than Rock Band not being popular. Still, the games have left a legacy unlikely to be matched again in the rhythm genre.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/24/why-didnt-muse-make-it-into-rock-band

A rather interesting article on the process of securing songs for Rock Band. What is of more interest is one of the last paragraphs:

Guns N’ Roses didn’t work out, either. Neither did Muse, despite fans’ 616,738 requests via RockBand.com’s request submission form. Pink Floyd couldn’t come together for Rock Band songs, either, and the Led Zeppelin Rock Band that never was featured ridiculous imagery, like warriors and horses, in a super-stylized cartoonish look. Harmonix got as far as creating a convincing intro cinematic, but no further.

I had no idea HMX seriously considered a Led Zeppelin game :eek: