• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rollercoaster Restaurant: General Discussion

On opening night we were asked whether we'd be drinking, so I presume they can set the menu to not show alcohol or at least have some way of recording which tables have underage guests seated.

On opening night we were asked whether we'd be drinking, so I presume they can set the menu to not show alcohol or at least have some way of recording which tables have underage guests seated.

They do! When they set up the tablets they have an adult or child option and the latter offers the standard drinks menu without the alcohol.

are fizzy drinks (like lemonade or coke) delivered by the coaster system? if they are, surely they go flat after finishing the journey?

are fizzy drinks (like lemonade or coke) delivered by the coaster system? if they are, surely they go flat after finishing the journey?
Fizzy drinks are delivered on the coaster, but they're in sealed glass bottles - bottle openers and glasses are available on the tables. :)

Visited the restaurant this afternoon, really enjoyed the experience! Beer was the first thing down the track! These are a nice touch as well (no idea why they're suddenly sideways)
344cqa1.jpg

Booked a table for September - can't wait to go. Also, do they mind you just going in for 5 minutes just to take some photos the leave?

Booked a table for September - can't wait to go. Also, do they mind you just going in for 5 minutes just to take some photos the leave?
Yes, because there is a turnstile system for entering and leaving the restaurant, so you won't be able to get in unless you've booked.

Actually, you can go and take photos if 1)its quiet and you say you that's why your going in, or 2)you say you just need to use the toilets.

Every time I've seen someone ask to go in and have a look around, the staff have been more than happy to let people in.

I had my first Rollercoaster Restaurant experience yesterday! I love it, and rate it above Foodloop at EP. The food was great. A group of six of us went and we were concerned that the first to order would have finished eating by the time the last got her food, but the service was so speedy that that just wasn't the case. They make it really straightforward to split your bill too. The staff were so friendly and accommodating. The big stick did come out though, but with a cloth on the end to clean a rail when they spotted it was a bit slow. There was a very Smiler-esque incident though! One item came down and 'stalled' in the loop section (not sure what to call it, the bit near the door where it does vertical loops in a see-through tunnel), the staff all stood pointing at it, but seemed unsure what to do. Then a few minutes later another item came down the same track and slammed into the first with an alarmingly loud crash! It was very useful for illustrating to my friends what happened to The Smiler though. Our experience of the restaurant overall was fab. We loved the path from FV to the hotels too. We had some time to kill before our booking and it made it so easy to nip to ATH for a drink.