• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3D

Stelios

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
So we accepted that it wasn't RCT4. But we got more story new and found out that RCT3D is becoming a watered down kids game. It's coming out in the Autumn and with the 3DS having more hardcore games with lots of memory, I couldn't see why we wouldn't get the uber sandbox that the previous games had to offer. Will it live up to it's glory? Will you be getting it? How is the game? Discuss here.

I don't have a 3DS, as I'm not 14 and the one time I had a go on one the screen sent me west. :p

Disappointed we're still waiting for RCT3's successor.

Blaze said:
I don't have a 3DS, as I'm not 14 and the one time I had a go on one the screen sent me west. :p

Disappointed we're still waiting for RCT3's successor.

I believe that Atari are too scared currently to make a risk since they think that original RCT players are all grown up now. RCT3D could train the younger generation up for RCT4 for a few years time. It's probably not going to happen, but I can speculate can't I?

lets hope the roller coaster tycoon game frontier are working on is more like what RCT4 would have been rather than a game like this. All though its been over a year since it was confirmed that frontier are working on a roller coaster based game, the game is still being worked on as confirmed on their official forums recently. Still no details though but hopefully wont be much longer.

Why they would think making a game like RCT 3D would be more profitable than simply moving ahead with RCT4 is beyond me. Trying to build a park on the 3DS would be utterly horrendous, even without seeing it I know it would be a terrible format for the game.

I think that making RCT3 work better with new machines so it wouldn't lag would be more profitable than a let down of a game thats currently only available on one console. ::)

And that wouldn't take long, just fiddle with some of the coding, I think.

No realeasing a new game will be much more profitable, especially with what you're describing as a free patch.

They are marketting this game to the largest market, they won't make much money if they target a product at coaster enthusiasts,

Find a company without a big corporation behind it and maybe rct4 will happen.

EDIT: it won't be a case of fiddle with some coding, in order to bring it up to date, with multi core processing ext. It would essentially be writing a new engine, which they may as well make a New game in with better assets.

If it was a simple matter of fidelling with coding, modders will have fixed it by now.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2nhnl9ERIE&feature=g-u-u[/youtube]

A quick simple review that I watch summed up and confirmed our worst fears. Great. Not getting this until Atari get RCT4 ideas on paper and the price hurtles down like a 300ft drop.

That video doesn't really show anything at all though ??? I for one, am quite excited by this in all honesty.