• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Royal Blackburn Hospital///Hyperia Opening Day VR Megaclash .

rob666

TS Member
Some were in a mere five hour queue, I had been in a four and a half year queue...
ENT day surgery appointment to have the second of two safe but growing lumps out has taken that long...covid and strikes, I love our NHS so zero complaints.
But this day is Hyperia day...as well as my personal Christmas.
All the pre surgery smalltalk, with all those lovely, helpful people, every last one of them ace...
"I should be there today, but I'm a thousand times happier to be here,", lots of other patients saying they had seen it on the telly.
Anesthetist assistant comes over smiling..."Yeah, couldn't get a shift change"..."I'll tell the boss, she likes coasters".
I had terrible cold turkey, really bad, after op number one, so the anesthetist comes out for a chat...says she will change the mix, mentions the new nemesis, and says she is really looking forward to doing all the parks again in the future with her young kids.
I mention my embarrassment about coming round after the first op...struggling to get past people when walking my three legged dog...pushing the nurses away...we talked about the dog as I was going under in the pre op suite...so that was my weird dream coming round.
She promises coaster talk, so I might get my ride.

Going into theatre pre op room, I am offered, and accept minor airtime over a small ramp in the corridor.
Minor cheers all round.

Slight delay going in...the theatre manager has heard, and starts rubbing it in about a bloody medical students exchange trip, with a hospital close to Rust.
The smug bastard.

We discuss the packet of fags dropped in the mud.

Time for the op...and god bless every last one of them, four thoosies chuckling together.

Ok Rob, lie back, keep your head against the headrest, and relax.

And as I'm going out...someone does a beautiful metal on metal "ting...ting...ting...ting" as I fade out.
Lift hill, unmistakable
Very weird ride, stunning colours and glitter.

Absolutely ten out of ten points to the thoosies of our fantastic NHS.
Above and beyond.
No coaster trip out there at all, but they did ask me if I got my first Hyperia ride in recovery.
They tried.
Absolutely stunning treatment from end to end.
No bloody sleep, but mainly due to high needs of my fellow patients...so zero complaints.
Old gits side ward...worked out that the average age in the room was 75.
Incredible when you think I'm only 23.

After five years, I can start hugging random strangers in crowds, again, like I sometimes do.
I feel like licking peoples faces, just because I can.

A long time to be basically avoiding people, this is going to be such a good summer.

Now where did a leave that bloody Volvo.
Three week sicknote, car might be fixed by then.

A very good mixture.
Complete two and a half hour blackout, as it should be, needed a single shot of morphine after and I was happy for hours.
Zero cold turkey...wonderful.
The wankle was giving more issues than my neck after a few hours.
But you never go to hospital for a good nights sleep, ended up in the day room for a few hours, then naughty coaster talk with the security guys over daybreak.
Very positive experience in our battered nhs, absolute dedication, faultless care, from beginning to end...for all four of us...sadly, every half an hour one of the poor old buggers needed either monitoring, bog assistance or medication.
And I had a very stunning lightshow in the darkness as I was falling asleep in my own bed this morning!
Glitter dancing on black, strange fractals, then a black and white smudge pattern, to blackness.
Northern lights meets the old planetarium show on Baker Street, after the rocky horror late night double feature special next door.
That gas lady knew her stuff.
Oh you young 'uns, you haven't got a clue.

Anyone got a staple ripper?

Last edited:
Some were in a mere five hour queue, I had been in a four and a half year queue...
ENT day surgery appointment to have the second of two safe but growing lumps out has taken that long...covid and strikes, I love our NHS so zero complaints.
But this day is Hyperia day...as well as my personal Christmas.
All the pre surgery smalltalk, with all those lovely, helpful people, every last one of them ace...
"I should be there today, but I'm a thousand times happier to be here,", lots of other patients saying they had seen it on the telly.
Anesthetist assistant comes over smiling..."Yeah, couldn't get a shift change"..."I'll tell the boss, she likes coasters".
I had terrible cold turkey, really bad, after op number one, so the anesthetist comes out for a chat...says she will change the mix, mentions the new nemesis, and says she is really looking forward to doing all the parks again in the future with her young kids.
I mention my embarrassment about coming round after the first op...struggling to get past people when walking my three legged dog...pushing the nurses away...we talked about the dog as I was going under in the pre op suite...so that was my weird dream coming round.
She promises coaster talk, so I might get my ride.

Going into theatre pre op room, I am offered, and accept minor airtime over a small ramp in the corridor.
Minor cheers all round.

Slight delay going in...the theatre manager has heard, and starts rubbing it in about a bloody medical students exchange trip, with a hospital close to Rust.
The smug bastard.

We discuss the packet of fags dropped in the mud.

Time for the op...and god bless every last one of them, four thoosies chuckling together.

Ok Rob, lie back, keep your head against the headrest, and relax.

And as I'm going out...someone does a beautiful metal on metal "ting...ting...ting...ting" as I fade out.
Lift hill, unmistakable
Very weird ride, stunning colours and glitter.

Absolutely ten out of ten points to the thoosies of our fantastic NHS.
Above and beyond.
No coaster trip out there at all, but they did ask me if I got my first Hyperia ride in recovery.
They tried.
Absolutely stunning treatment from end to end.
No bloody sleep, but mainly due to high needs of my fellow patients...so zero complaints.
Old gits side ward...worked out that the average age in the room was 75.
Incredible when you think I'm only 23.

After five years, I can start hugging random strangers in crowds, again, like I sometimes do.
I feel like licking peoples faces, just because I can.

A long time to be basically avoiding people, this is going to be such a good summer.

Now where did a leave that bloody Volvo.
Three week sicknote, car might be fixed by then.
Good to hear the you are on the mend and I can see from your post the drugs haven’t worn off yet.

Allegedly.

Might take a while...
Possibly.

Don't smoke people, you end up with a neck with metal zips.
Frankensteins head on a wankle...that's what I am.
But wait for halloween this year...such scars...
(Very neat job if I want to start telling the truth).
James Bond has three nipples,
I now have three arseholes, one behind each ear...(drain bag holes).

One week rest, one week light duties with a specially purchased ultra lightweight cordless, mower, then the first lengthy rainy midweek spell and I'm off on the tour.
No coasters for about a month or so, starting with sleepy icon rehab...about right.
No Big One and Nash until next year...even better eh shakey.

Last edited:
Even though it is now the day after Boxing Day, it still feels very much like Christmas...

Thought I was still out in theatre when I heard about conscription coming back...

Even though it is now the day after Boxing Day, it still feels very much like Christmas...

Thought I was still out in theatre when I heard about conscription coming back...
Yes, but Rob, I don't think you've fully considered the benefits of conscription and national service to yourself.

Many theme park visitors are from a younger demographic so if they're tied up getting ready to heroically give their lives in the defence of our fine nation then the queues will be smaller for Hyperia and the likes. I'm over 40 so unfortunately I won't be first on the list to make my family proud by trying to kill some random foreigner in a far away land, so I guess I'll just have to go and ride some coasters and go for a walk. Tough break.

They will plan to use the new shiny soldiers to pop the boats you see...
I got call up papers for the Falklands through the post.
They said I had to bring my own butties for the journey, and any green/khaki clothes I had as they were short of uniforms, so I didn't really believe.
The letter really did come from downing street though, letterhead and everything.
PWC accountants winding up the bar staff for their own amusement.

The army do not want conscription because they are not dedicated soldiers, they are forced labour...and don't want the job.
Navy don't want to drown unwilling non swimmers who get seasick.
Airforce just don't want thick jonnies, 'cos they are selective and smart, no oiks.

This has been made clear for many years...by the bosses.
Then one twat retired general shouts out from his club that it would be a good idea.
The Mail reports it at length.
Nobody agrees.
Cue rishi, getting a forced gunner to shoot him in the foot.

Last edited:
So, nearly half way through the best twelve days of Christmas ever... doctors thumbs up with the scar today, no work at all until next week, back to driving, zip out of my neck with the nice lady with the staple ripper tomorrow, then sweeties and card to the nice heavy gas crew at the hospital, with yet another bloody free beer promise for September 18th.
Healing well, monster scar, still on a very soft diet.
MediEvil, GTA5, Wipeout and obscure random platformers for a week.
With warm flat beer.
Packaged and processed food in the freezer so idle home life too.
You lot...get on with it!

I have time on my hands, and I have pretty much run out of Gold Award stickers from teacher training.
Is it just me, nobody else heard of them then?
"Give that clucker a putty medal!"
Northern...yeah, you've done the job, stop getting cocky and gerron with it.
Made out of putty, sometimes stamped, copy pressed, moulded, sometimes roll pressed, like the tower penny medals, sometimes completely hand made, with raised lettering, usually words starting with c or f.
Bit like mill tokens.
Kids of today, not got a clue.
Will make some dated sept 18...